General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ninocass
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 14:56:13
Print Post

Cabinet finally being installed

[link to this post]

So almost a year and a half after our exchange had gone live it appears that we have some movement on the FTTC cabinet front!

The BT checker now says:
Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2013. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 68.1Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.

The local council has the planning application:
http://goo.gl/nm8Rn

There are still no roadworks planned on roadworks.org but I don't think there would be as its a semi private road and there doesn't appear to be any digging on the road.

Now before I get too excited are the above items enough to think that March is a realistic installation date and what has anyone's actual speed been in comparison to the forecasted speeds?
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Thu 10-Jan-13 15:21:04
Print Post

Re: Cabinet finally being installed

[re: ninocass] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ninocass:
The BT checker now says:
Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2013. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 68.1Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.

Is that from putting your telephone number in?

Some of these conflicting messages can be obtained from putting just your address in.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User ninocass
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 15:36:48
Print Post

Re: Cabinet finally being installed

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Hi Greenglide

It's from using my telephone number, I just tried the address checker and it reports the same.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to