General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sun 13-Jan-13 09:23:42
Print Post

Wholesale checker showing cabinet number

[link to this post]

I've just noticed the wholesale checker has changed and is now showing the cabinet number.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/ADSLChecker.Ad...

CHECKER

Address on Exchange BROADSTAIRS is served by Cabinet 18

Available Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date

Featured Products
WBC FTTC Up to 57 Up to 20 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 6 -- 4 to 8 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 6 Up to 1 4 to 8 Available
ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 3.5 to 7.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Dec-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2013.
Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

Much clearer and much more useful, also shows the same for telephone numbers.

Edit. Just checked an address which doesn't have an FTTC estimate (although cab is scheduled on roadworks.org), and it doesn't show the cabinet number. Wonder if they are updating all records or just ones with/scheduled for FTTC/P.

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 13-Jan-13 09:38:47)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Jan-13 09:37:35
Print Post

Re: Wholesale checker showing cabinet number

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Weeheeeee!!! smile

That is just sooooo much better.

(I'm amused by the things it tells us will be withdrawn from sale last year tongue).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 13-Jan-13 09:42:20)

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sun 13-Jan-13 09:39:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just checked an address which doesn't have an FTTC estimate (although cab is scheduled on roadworks.org), and it doesn't show the cabinet number. Wonder if they are updating all records or just ones with/scheduled for FTTC/P.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Jan-13 09:43:23
Print Post

How silly frown.

What about one with a scheduled date in the checker?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 13-Jan-13 09:44:04)

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sun 13-Jan-13 09:48:44
Print Post

I've just done my weekly cabinet check, the majority show the cabinet number, but some don't. Some don't show any ADSL services either, but show that FTTC will be available.

BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address on Exchange BROADSTAIRS

Available Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Featured Products
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 15 -- 8.5 to 19 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7 -- 6 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Dec-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2013.
Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Posted the wrong one there.

BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address on Exchange BROADSTAIRS is served by Cabinet 4

Available Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Featured Products
WBC FTTC Up to 80 Up to 20 -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How silly frown.

What about one with a scheduled date in the checker?

They show the place holder date under the availability column.

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 13-Jan-13 09:57:29)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Jan-13 09:59:23
Print Post

That "quote" doesn't answer the question tongue. What you've written tries to.

What I'm getting at is people want to know their cabinet number so they can see how far away it is and whether or not anything is happening. It's understandable if it doesn't show a cabinet number if here is no FTTC estimate/schedule, but if it doesn't when there is then it's a completely damp squib.

It appears to be querying the FTTC deployment database, but if it is only looking at lines that have it installed it doesn't help at all. Just a Work Experience job for some student, to make it look prettier.

And
[moan]did they really have to reiterate the 10-day mantra for FTTC frown [/moan]

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Jan-13 10:02:32
Print Post

My previous post was being typed while you edited in the second example. My q remains - does it give the cab number when there is an estimated date?

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Sun 13-Jan-13 10:10:24
Print Post

My exchange is "Not currently in rollout plans" but the checker does now show my cabinet number.
I assume this means that it is a more widespread change than just enabled cabinets.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Jan-13 10:26:16
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Maybe it is highly automated. Querying several databases, and a person with two screens typing in the cabinet number from one to the other tongue. So may complete in a week.

Standard User robertcrowther
(regular) Sun 13-Jan-13 10:33:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
My previous post was being typed while you edited in the second example. My q remains - does it give the cab number when there is an estimated date?

This question is best answered by BT themselves, other wise it could lead to misinformation (again).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to