General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Greg
(regular) Tue 15-Jan-13 16:43:50
Print Post

Mysterious green T sprayed on pavement outside our house

[link to this post]

Hi,

BT have been working in my neighbourhood in prep for FTTC , our area was supposed to be 31/12/12 but has now been rolled back to 31/3/13. I walked out of my house this morning to find a green T sprayed on the pavement next to the border of our and our neighbours house. Any ideas what the mysterious green T might mean ? No rude suggestions please, I've had enough of those from my colleagues smile.

Thanks in advance
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 15-Jan-13 16:48:15
Print Post

Re: Mysterious green T sprayed on pavement outside our house

[re: Greg] [link to this post]

Green tea is made from the leaves of Camellia sinensis that have undergone minimal oxidation during processing. Green tea originates in China,[1] but it has become associated with many cultures throughout Asia. Green tea has recently become more widespread in the West, where black tea has been the traditionally consumed tea. Green tea has become the raw material for extracts which are used in various beverages, health foods, dietary supplements, and cosmetic items.[2] Many varieties of green tea have been created in the countries where it is grown. These varieties can differ substantially due to variable growing conditions, horticulture,[3] production processing, and harvesting time.
Maybe someone spilled it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User babis3g
(learned) Tue 15-Jan-13 17:08:58
Print Post

maybe they used same paint as here and a new FTTC cabinet on the way
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179882/Drou...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Tue 15-Jan-13 17:09:48
Print Post

The 31st of December and the 31st of March are end quater placeholder dates that Openreach plan their work to, these are not go live dates.
The BT wholesale checker will update to say when the service is live, till then it will estimate the work to be completed in each end quater, if its not completed it moves to the next quater till the end of the rollout- Spring 2014.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jan-13 23:23:31
Print Post

Openreach will make marks using grey paint. I wonder if that indicates something for Virgin, their markings are often in green.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Jan-13 09:51:36
Print Post

Sounds like Virgin, the T will be where the T junction to deliver cable will be going.

Check the register of streetworks, VM installing a new T will go there.
  Print Thread

Jump to