General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jparnell82
(newbie) Fri 18-Jan-13 20:36:44
Print Post

Sidmouth FTTC now accepting orders

[link to this post]

I've just seen that a town along the road of me, Sidmouth is now accepting orders for FTTC. The last date i saw was June 2013 so this is pretty impressive. I've checked a couple of addresses in the town and the ETA for them is December 2013.
Just wondering if anyone in Sidmouth has checked if they can now get FTTC? I can't imagine there being that many cabinets enabled although the status is now accepting orders.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 18-Jan-13 21:48:31
Print Post

Re: Sidmouth FTTC now accepting orders

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

Cabinets go live in stages, the first few cabinets will make the exchange turn to accepting orders, the rest that are planned follow in the weeks/months.
Infill does occur later on where cabinets not upgraded are reassessed to see if they are viable.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User izools
(experienced) Sat 19-Jan-13 09:30:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by jparnell82:
I've just seen that a town along the road of me, Sidmouth is now accepting orders for FTTC. The last date i saw was June 2013 so this is pretty impressive. I've checked a couple of addresses in the town and the ETA for them is December 2013.
Just wondering if anyone in Sidmouth has checked if they can now get FTTC? I can't imagine there being that many cabinets enabled although the status is now accepting orders.

Openreach's "Where and When" checker still shows Sidmouth as "Coming Soon" - and Samknows shows it as "RFS Date Set" - neither show it as live.

Where are you getting your information from?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simonhouse
(newbie) Sat 19-Jan-13 10:31:04
Print Post

I live in Willand which is connected to the Cullompton exchange just up the road from Sidmouth.. Our date was "End of 2013" on where and when site and I was able to order Fibre with Zen on 21st Dec 2012 - my install date is Monday 21st Jan... My exchange did not go to Accepting Orders until about a week ago on that site. Looking at most of the Devon fttc installs and most of them are miles ahead of schedule. The day before I ordered mine the date on the where and when site changed to June 2013, the following day I was able to order!!!
The checker here:- http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
was the first one to show that I could order and is much more up-to-date than the where and when site...
Standard User izools
(experienced) Sat 19-Jan-13 10:44:14
Print Post

[re: simonhouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simonhouse:
Looking at most of the Devon fttc installs and most of them are miles ahead of schedule

Haha, not in Exeter!

The exchange went live ONE YEAR and three months late.

Despite the fact it has been live for nearly 18 months now, nearly all the FTTP areas are still without fibre - despite Openreach having laid it in the summer of 2011!

I've had a fibre aggregator sat in the manhole outside my house for a year and a half now and still can't order.

And no, I can't get VM either.

So much for the capital of Devon!

EDIT: All the addresses in Sidmouth that I check on the BTW Availability Checker show a go live date for FTTC of 31/12/2013, and aren't showing cabinet numbers, so it appears the rollout is still very much in planning, not live frown

Edited by izools (Sat 19-Jan-13 10:55:35)

Standard User jparnell82
(newbie) Sat 19-Jan-13 16:32:56
Print Post

[re: izools] [link to this post]

The openreach twitter feed
Standard User simonhouse
(newbie) Sat 19-Jan-13 21:15:27
Print Post

[re: izools] [link to this post]

Sorry meant to say the exchanges that were announced in the past 6-9 months have been ahead of schedule - I know Exeter have had "issues" !!!
Still just happy to go from 0.8mb to 76mb on Monday (if Openreach turn up that is...) after 7 years of waiting...
Standard User izools
(experienced) Sat 19-Jan-13 21:59:16
Print Post

Sorry meant to say the exchanges that were announced in the past 6-9 months have been ahead of schedule - I know Exeter have had "issues" !!!
Still just happy to go from 0.8mb to 76mb on Monday (if Openreach turn up that is...) after 7 years of waiting...

Hehe no need to apologise, I'm just sore and narked off with Openreaches procrastination round here...

(newbie) Sun 20-Jan-13 08:56:42
Print Post

I live in Willand which is connected to the Cullompton exchange just up the road from Sidmouth.. Our date was "End of 2013" on where and when site and I was able to order Fibre with Zen on 21st Dec 2012 - my install date is Monday 21st Jan... My exchange did not go to Accepting Orders until about a week ago on that site. Looking at most of the Devon fttc installs and most of them are miles ahead of schedule. The day before I ordered mine the date on the where and when site changed to June 2013, the following day I was able to order!!!
The checker here:- http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
was the first one to show that I could order and is much more up-to-date than the where and when site...

Interesting..i just checked the twitter feed and Cullompton was announced on the 9th January yet you could order a couple of weeks before that. I guess the best thing is to just keep checking the supplier that you want to order with and seeing if you can.

Edited by jparnell82 (Sun 20-Jan-13 16:59:51)

Standard User charliehorse101
(newbie) Mon 04-Feb-13 08:46:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by jparnell82:

I live in sidmouth and placed my order for fiber on friday and its being installed on the 11th.
I have seen at least 3 cabinets installed and ours was done back before christmas.
  Print Thread

Jump to