General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrParadox
(newbie) Mon 28-Jan-13 21:11:16
Print Post

Cabinet 10/61 Salford

[link to this post]

Hi all, a little backstory. Moved into a house, checked availability for fttc as that's what I was after and it was said to be available on cabinet 61. Happy days I thought, placed my home move and upgrade. Fast forward to installation date. Engineer condemns the pole behind my house and refuses to put the line up on a different pole. Finally have an engineer coming out to fit a new line on the other pole. The problem lies here, the old pole was connected to cabinet 61, which was fttc enabled, and the new pole is connected to cabinet 10, which isn't. This is so frustrating as I based my move partly on the availability of fttc. Is there anything I can do about getting cabinet 10 upgraded? I'm at a loss as to what I can do. Can the engineer shed any light on this. I'm desperate for fibre! (Not virgin media desperate)

Thanks for your help
Standard User MrParadox
(newbie) Tue 29-Jan-13 16:22:58
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 10/61 Salford

[re: MrParadox] [link to this post]

Bump
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Jan-13 16:34:43
Print Post

I'm confused as to why the engineer needed to do anything on the original pole. Was this a telephone install, too?

As for cabinet 10, it may be upgraded in the future when OpenReach do infill.

What does this say for your number (assuming a BT line)?

You could email the NGA team at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask about cab 10 (might take a while to get an answer, though).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrParadox
(newbie) Tue 29-Jan-13 16:54:17
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Hi, thanks for your help. The problem with the initial install (which included a new phone line, previous residents destroyed it). The engineer condemned the pole and refused to climb it (slapped a big red D on it) and due to the fact its in an alley behind terraced houses which has now been fenced off and subsequently is inaccessible to a cherry picker. I can't use the wholesale checker as I'm still without a phone line 9weeks after the original install date. Will try emailing openreach.

From what I gather the two poles on ny street are served by two cabinets, one fttc enabled, one not.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Jan-13 18:22:33
Print Post

Ah, I see.

Try putting your postcode into this checker to see what it says (assuming cab 61 was in the original rollout plans from Dec 2011). Cab 10 may be in the plans, but has been delayed and the teams doing the installs have moved on.

Another place to check is here - OpenReach may have information on your cab (if a yellow pin pops up).
  Print Thread

Jump to