General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Feb-13 20:09:09
Print Post

Earlier Than FTTC RFS Date?

[link to this post]

I'm curious about how accurate the FTTC RFS date is. Typically you hear about the RFS date being shifted 3 months into the future but do FTTC areas ever "go live" earlier than the estimated RFS date? If so how much earlier? tongue
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Feb-13 20:17:23
Print Post

Re: Earlier Than FTTC RFS Date?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
I'm curious about how accurate the FTTC RFS date is. Typically you hear about the RFS date being shifted 3 months into the future but do FTTC areas ever "go live" earlier than the estimated RFS date? If so how much earlier? tongue

Yes, piece of string.
Standard User Dilbert
(member) Sat 02-Feb-13 22:22:44
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

What I have seen typically happen (and what happened with my own) was that it got put back 3 months (changed from Dec to Mar) but then was RFS at the start of February.

Many of the dates they use seem to be just "guesstimates" or place holders for the end of the quarter. So you see common dates of March, June, Sep and Dec and typically the RFS date is sometime in the 3 months before that or it gets put back to another end of quarter date before going live in the 3 months before that, unless its gets put back again of course.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 02-Feb-13 22:33:03
Print Post

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

Also 2-3 days before going live it often disappears altogether. So rather than looking bad, that is a good sign.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Feb-13 08:20:54
Print Post

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dilbert:
What I have seen typically happen (and what happened with my own) was that it got put back 3 months (changed from Dec to Mar) but then was RFS at the start of February.
That happened to me as well but it might have been more a case of them jumping the gun on the estimate change. I think originally it said by March 2012, then changed to June 2012 on the 28th and went live on the 29th or something like that.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he could. RIP.

Edited by Andrue (Sun 03-Feb-13 08:21:19)

Print Thread

Jump to