General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hopkapi
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-13 04:15:33
Print Post

Worth mass-registering interest with Openreach to get FTTC?

[link to this post]

Though my exchange (CMCEN) is now live for FTTC, I'm not able to order it, with Openreach (via the nga enquiries address), telling me that apparently because my flat is relatively new build, my cabinet isn't included in the commercial rollout programme at this time (huh?), but that I can register my interest on the website as they use it to "assess local demand patterns".

What I'm wondering is essentially whether this actually makes much of a difference to their plans/the lag involved, because as my building is a large apartment block, it's actually not particularly unreasonable for me to go knock on every door with laptop in hand to try to get 160+ more people registering interest here.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 06-Feb-13 09:31:44
Print Post

Re: Worth mass-registering interest with Openreach to get FT

[re: hopkapi] [link to this post]

can't make it any worse, for starters you could leaflet everyone and have them pass details back to you, an email to Openreach with a spreadsheet of expressions of interest might be more useful to them as evidence. You could go door knocking if the response is poor.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Wed 06-Feb-13 10:25:45
Print Post

Re: Worth mass-registering interest with Openreach to get FT

[re: hopkapi] [link to this post]

The reason some new builds are left out is because when the initial plans were put together these new builds either didn't exist or weren't completed , so they couldn't be included or deemed not to have the potential to meet demand requirements.

Pointing out to BT that there are now 160+ potential customers may get them to recheck whether the cabinet is now viable, it may also supply other properties as well.

When I mapped our cabinets there was one which covered a large long established area that wasn't scheduled, I asked the question why it wasn't and just got standard reply. Later it came to my attention that it is now scheduled to be included, no idea whether my email triggered this change or not.

Edited by R0NSKI (Wed 06-Feb-13 10:29:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to