General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Katant
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 16:50:30
Print Post

Could get Fibre...now i cant :(

[link to this post]

About to move house and when we were purchasing i checked the broadband options for the new house, Fibre was avaliable from both BT and Sky, excellent.

Paranoid as i am i checked over and over again while the usual issues in buying a house were in progress. Always the same result...Fibre avaliable.

Now i am ready to place an order the online checker now shows i cant get fibre. BT and Sky both gave a definite No.

Neighbouring houses connected to the same cabinet have managed to get Infinity in the last few weeks but now i am stuck with limited options.

Is there a limit (as BT suggested) to the number of people connected, or does anyone else have any ideas?!

CO7 7AQ. Wivenhoe Cabinet 3 according to the new checker.

Thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Feb-13 16:54:18
Print Post

Re: Could get Fibre...now i cant :(

[re: Katant] [link to this post]

Firstly use the full address part of the checker, postcode can be hit and miss and if Sky LLU phone number will now fail.

Also on phone number the old number at the property will now be marked as not installed, and it may be in the process of updating for the new number, so hence full address checks.

It is possible for a FTTC cabinet to fill up, but so long as still lots more properties that might connect in the area a new cabinet will probably appear in due course (time frame variable so i don't guess).

You can get shorter delays where the cabinet is not full, but they need to do some more work to the existing one to add capacity for more people, that should be fairly quick ie. in the weeks.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Katant
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 17:03:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Wow, quick reply...Thanks

I did do the address check as the property has been empty for 2 years and the phone was disconnected, so had no choice.

I guess i will just have to wait and see what happens. Its a small village so i would be surprised if i reached capacity, but as the normal broadband isnt good i guess this would inspire people to upgrade.

I wish there was some visibility in the checker of this as at the moment its just tells you its not avaliable and to register interest!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Feb-13 18:17:12
Print Post

[re: Katant] [link to this post]

The address check should I believe not suffer from a delay in updating when you move in, as the address is not moving.

In theory course of action should be provider now chases up on your behalf to find out if (a) cabinet full or (b) a simple glitch

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Wed 13-Feb-13 18:26:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I strongly susspect it has hit capacity
  Print Thread

Jump to