General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Housey1
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 19:44:50
Print Post

FTTC Falkirk Put back for the 3rd time

[link to this post]

So frustrating power to my cabinet has been just completed. Looking at June now instead of March wonder what's went wrong. I need to contact Openreach just to get a heads up on the issue(s)

It was all going too well, any suggestions on what might be delaying proceedings feel free to post,

Edited by Housey1 (Wed 13-Feb-13 19:46:20)

Standard User worldofadsl
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Feb-13 20:56:06
Print Post

Re: FTTC Falkirk Put back for the 3rd time

[re: Housey1] [link to this post]

No work has started on the two cabs feeding my street. I noticed a surveying team at one of the cabs but that is all. The date on the checked has been put back to June from March.

I'm not really too bothered because I already have 100mbit virgin and I am only interested in the FTTPoD product. Do not see the point in rolling out FTTC to an area with CATV.
Standard User Housey1
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 21:54:36
Print Post

[re: worldofadsl] [link to this post]

Our is a relatively new estate which is has no Cable installed, they were offered to install cable at the time of build and unfortunately was refused. The streets that surround our estate have got cable.

Bt have to install FTTC/P where ever possible Virgin Have had it their own way for many years and are reluctant to roll-out cable to many areas.

Anyway I have emailed Openreach on a heads up on the extended delay.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 13-Feb-13 22:23:17
Print Post

Any idea if the fibre has been blown to the cabinet yet, though even if it is it depends if the fibre is spliced with the spine as well- duct blockages can delay this.

As power is done and if everything else has been finished then its 2 weeks of testing then its handed over to start accepting orders- the checker will not show FTTC being avalaible then re-appear to say its accepting orders.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User Housey1
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 22:37:31
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

That I don't know I have seen contractors installing fibre cable in one of the main streets near us, Many of the cabinets in our surrounding area are getting power installed. Hopefully openreach get back to me with some more info on progress,

Lets hope it reappears accepting orders in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for you input.
Standard User Housey1
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 20:03:17
Print Post

I have just received a response email from BT Openreach.

"From time to time dates on the project are reassessed particularly after the sort of conditions encountered over the back end of last year and into January. In your locality work is ongoing. Currently this is awaiting spine and fibre work, and the estimated date for cabinet esfal26 enablement is close April 2013 assuming there are no issues. As Iím sure youíll appreciate any engineering date quoted is at best an estimate and will be subject to change depending on local issues and conditions.

Please register your interest on the website as this helps us assess local demand patterns"

Fingers crossed no blocked or collapsed ducts then April is not too far away
Standard User Housey1
(learned) Fri 22-Mar-13 08:28:30
Print Post

After a patient wait FTTC at my address has put forward from June 2013 to 31 March 2013. So the Fibre spine and slicing inside cabinet must be finished, near to finishing or in testing. Tried ordering through Bt website still showing not ready just yet.

40 meg package should be plenty for me and there's always the option to upgrade but that would depend on the attainable infinity 2 speed.
  Print Thread

Jump to