General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User aavid60
(learned) Thu 14-Feb-13 12:55:07
Print Post

Drop Pin Removed

[link to this post]

The broadband FTTC post code checker has had a drop pin showing until yesterday which showed a message saying about the delay to our cab. Now its been removed.
has this happend to all postcodes or just ours. Does this meen anything? . The forecast date has now been moved to the end of June 13. Just wondering if OR are not going to enable our new FTTC cab even though its has power and fibre laid to it.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Feb-13 13:23:45
Print Post

Re: Drop Pin Removed

[re: aavid60] [link to this post]

My mates cab still has the pin, so not all then.
Standard User darkmast2
(member) Thu 14-Feb-13 21:18:54
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

The pin on our one was removed as well. Tried the checker and it now says fibre available.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pete_thomson
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Feb-13 21:30:03
Print Post

[re: aavid60] [link to this post]

Our drop pin has been removed, and now my forecast date, which jumped from June 12 -> Sept 12 -> Dec 12 -> Never -> Mar 13, is now showing as Mar 14.

Not happy.

Was
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
53.34Mb/s - 1.65Mb/s - 29ms @ 24/05/2011
http://speedtest.net/result/1310626245.png

Now
Andrews & Arnold
2.91Mb/s - 0.89Mb/s - 18ms and getting worse frown
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2175310790.png
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Feb-13 22:21:27
Print Post

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pete_thomson:
Our drop pin has been removed, and now my forecast date, which jumped from June 12 -> Sept 12 -> Dec 12 -> Never -> Mar 13, is now showing as Mar 14.

My parents (Crawley, Sussex) has been moved to Mar 14 as well. When I contacted nga.enquiries the response last year was that the council had rejected all the planning applications and so the cabinet had been put to the back of the queue! (My parents get 5meg ADSL at present).

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
Huawei VDSL -> Draytek router -> Apple Airport Extreme -> Belkin Switch -> Windows/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User Stoatwblr
(newbie) Sat 23-Feb-13 03:09:27
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Uhm, what?

Planning applications are only needed in sensitive areas.

BT tried that around here and when I checked with the council it was found applications hadn't been filed in the first place - the council also pointed out that they bend over backwards to ensure FTTC applications are expedited, because of consumer demand.

In sensitive areas applications are seldom refused and any variants are mostly a requirement to use different colours or wooden facade panels. There have been very few outright refused unless there are a bunch of NIMBYs in an area - such as Muswell Hill in london.

Do you want to stop spam, or do you just want to stop receiving it?
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Feb-13 11:38:28
Print Post

[re: Stoatwblr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stoatwblr:
Planning applications are only needed in sensitive areas.

I'll chase the NGA enquiries email again, as that is what I was told - maybe they used it as an excuse for some other issue (power perhaps).

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
Huawei VDSL -> Draytek router -> Apple Airport Extreme -> Belkin Switch -> Windows/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
  Print Thread

Jump to