General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Greg
(regular) Mon 18-Feb-13 14:52:05
Print Post

Exchange accepting orders...

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've been waiting for FTTC to arrive at the Cosham exchange in Portsmouth for ages, so It was a pleasant surprise to see the exchange was now showing as accepting orders. When I enter in my postcode it's showing June 2013 (delayed originally from Dec 2013 and then more recently to March 2013). I'm about 2 miles (east) from the exchange, so I thought I'd check using businesses between the exchange and my address, all return June 2013. I then try businesses North, South and West of the exchange all with businesses within a mile up to 2 miles away from the exchange, all return June 2013. I know there might well be one FTTC cabinet in the area accepting orders which is why've they say the exchange is ready, I just don't get why everything around the exchange I've checked all have the June 2013 date. Feels like BT have done the minimum to get the exchange flagged as ready for some progress chart/status report.

I've fired off an email to nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk , their last update back 2nd Jan was my cabinet was planned to be ready early March 2013.

Just me whining about yet another date slip.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Feb-13 18:50:18
Print Post

Re: Exchange accepting orders...

[re: Greg] [link to this post]

Sounds similar to my experience in Exmouth. On the same day the exchange was flagged up as accepting orders my FTTC availability date moved from March to June. I'm also waiting for a reply from Openreach.

All I'd like is a bit of accuracy regarding the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It is _really_ irritating when they keep moving the date over, and over, again.
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Mon 18-Feb-13 19:22:20
Print Post

[re: Greg] [link to this post]

I think there are at least 6 cabinets live, probably more.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User darkmast2
(member) Mon 18-Feb-13 19:56:19
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

I was in a similar position with the exchange being upgraded but the checker saying March then June but then suddenly the next day the cab was ready and I could place an order.
Standard User jparnell82
(newbie) Mon 18-Feb-13 19:57:27
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Sounds similar to my experience in Exmouth. On the same day the exchange was flagged up as accepting orders my FTTC availability date moved from March to June. I'm also waiting for a reply from Openreach.

All I'd like is a bit of accuracy regarding the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It is _really_ irritating when they keep moving the date over, and over, again.

I've tried sooooo many different locations in Exmouth and can't find a single one thats able to order. I would love to know where FTTC is available to enable Openreach to say the exchange is accepting orders.
Standard User Greg
(regular) Mon 18-Feb-13 20:12:38
Print Post

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

Whats to stop BT from saying the exchange is ready when it's not offering FTTC services to business/customers in that exchange location. As someone said above, there might well be a small number up and running, just be interesting to know what proportion of cabinets are not ready vs those that are and offering service.
Standard User jparnell82
(newbie) Mon 18-Feb-13 20:47:34
Print Post

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jparnell82:
In reply to a post by Spud2003:

I've tried sooooo many different locations in Exmouth and can't find a single one thats able to order. I would love to know where FTTC is available to enable Openreach to say the exchange is accepting orders.

Cancel that. Just found 5 cabinets are now available to order off.Seem to be mainly coming off the Salterton Road side of Exmouth.
  Print Thread

Jump to