General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-13 22:21:24
Print Post

FTTPoD Pricing

[link to this post]

FTTPoD now appears in the BT Wholesale Price List.

ECCs = Excess Construction Charges, prices here.

KCI2 = Keeping Customers Informed 2 - this is how Openreach communicate the quote to BT Wholesale, etc.

At 500m you're looking at a bill of at least £2,700 including VAT. £600 install and £2,100 for blown fibre in ducting.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Feb-13 22:28:53
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD Pricing

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Have you costed that at 500m of ducting at 4.20 per m?

Given that all but the last 60 metre would be shared - the sum is not that simple, and I believe the Charge Bands 0 to 5 apply.

Now looking for definition of the bands

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-13 22:37:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Have you costed that at 500m of ducting at 4.20 per m?

Given that all but the last 60 metre would be shared - the sum is not that simple, and I believe the Charge Bands 0 to 5 apply.

Now looking for definition of the bands

No, I costed it at 500m of blown fibre in an already present duct.

EDIT: New ductwork starts at 42.0 per metre.

The charge bands don't mean anything - they're the costs a customer is willing to pay and if the quote goes above the authorised charge band Openreach will inform Wholesale via ECI 2 to check before proceeding.

ECC banding gives you the power to pre-authorise an acceptable ECC limit on a per order basis in order to avoid unnecessary delay.
Once a band is selected, if the level of banding is sufficient to cover the order, we will proceed with it.

These are the same bands as used for WLR and can be found here.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Mon 18-Feb-13 22:39:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Feb-13 22:40:43
Print Post

But given its PON and not Point to Point, the first person is not paying for all the excess costs.

first person would probably need 440m blowing, and then the final 60m to them. Thus one could expect the costs of the 440m to be split between possible take-up.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-13 22:44:34
Print Post

But given its PON and not Point to Point, the first person is not paying for all the excess costs.

first person would probably need 440m blowing, and then the final 60m to them. Thus one could expect the costs of the 440m to be split between possible take-up.

I'm not convinced Openreach will make any assumptions over take up - why would they? The first customer to order will need 500m of ECC, so why would they not be charged that full ECC cost?

I see your point though - you question whether the customer would be charged the full cost from AN to customer or just their drop.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 18-Feb-13 22:53:27
Print Post

A bit more than was being suggested then.

Only - I don't understand the difference between the "fixed connection" row which invokes the ECCs and the "Migration" row which doesn't. Those two lines also have an oddity regarding the minimum term.

The £63.60pm line rental is a bit hefty, as presumably MSIL capacity charges also need to be considered before end-user pricing is determined by the ISP.

The ECC charges there that you highlight refer to "Charge bands". Is the jump from there to the £2700 you give coming from KCI2, as the ECCs document you link to doesn't mention them. It just works on metre lengths.

Edit - "Strike" because of the posts that occurred during replying to the OP.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 18-Feb-13 22:55:39)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 18-Feb-13 23:00:40
Print Post

and a 36 month minimum contract

If I had no phone line, could I claim the first £3400 exemption from excess construction costs for the USO phone line in requesting a FTTPoD line (tongue in cheek)

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Feb-13 23:07:55
Print Post

Why? Because that is what I've been told in discussions

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 18-Feb-13 23:26:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Only - I don't understand the difference between the "fixed connection" row which invokes the ECCs and the "Migration" row which doesn't. Those two lines also have an oddity regarding the minimum term.
The migration charge is also £500 per month !! A typo I suspect, but like you I don't see why there isn't an ECC element on migrating from ADSL to FTTPoD etc.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-13 23:34:45
Print Post

Why? Because that is what I've been told in discussions

I very much hope that is the case, what I've been told has been quite equivocal.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to