General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Toxteth_OGrady
(regular) Tue 19-Feb-13 10:55:47
Print Post

FTTC to FTTC migration cost

[link to this post]

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or the Plusnet board.

I'm considering doing a broadband only FTTC -> FTTC migration to PN. Because I'm not interested in any of the PN phone packages I would have to pay them a £50 activation fee. This seems exorbitant given that I already have an OR modem installed.

I see in the BTW Feb 2013 WBC pricelist ( link ) at row 113 that an ISP would be charged £50 for an FTTC to FTTC migration.

However row 116 shows there is a price for an FTTC BTW CP to BTW CP migration of £11.

Surely this is what Plusnet should be charging for a move from another BTW WBC FTTC ISP but it does not appear to be available in PN's pricing?

I understand that it is my choice to move to PN or not but I feel that £50 is way over the top if they are only going to be charged £11 by BTW.

I did discuss this with PN Sales but the rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

NOTE: Mods, please move to PN board if you feel it more appropriate to be posted there.

"604!!"

Edited by Toxteth_OGrady (Tue 19-Feb-13 10:57:43)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 19-Feb-13 11:32:50
Print Post

Re: FTTC to FTTC migration cost

[re: Toxteth_OGrady] [link to this post]

Retail providers are free to charge what price market will support. Its less when you take phone as they can cross subsidise

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Feb-13 18:05:18
Print Post

Off Topic.

Top username there Toxteth. Do you still hold the record for the world's stickiest bogie ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Feb-13 18:18:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

the free migration for moving phone means little sense to me, what profit do they make on line rental £1 per month? and for that £50 migration absorbed?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
(regular) Tue 19-Feb-13 19:32:55
Print Post

Re: Off Topic.

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Top username there Toxteth. Do you still hold the record for the world's stickiest bogie ?

Indeed - goes hand in glove with the 604 marshmallows!

"604!!"
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 20-Feb-13 11:30:53
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

they hope to capture some call revenue

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Dilbert
(member) Thu 21-Feb-13 10:09:33
Print Post

Don't they provide a router worth £40 too? 11+40 = £51 so they are charging you £1 less than they should smile

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Feb-13 12:25:24
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
they hope to capture some call revenue

Do people still use landlines much now days? There needs to be a lot of calls to recuperate that £50. As not all call revenue will be profit either.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
(regular) Thu 21-Feb-13 12:41:48
Print Post

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dilbert:
Don't they provide a router worth £40 too? 11+40 = £51 so they are charging you £1 less than they should smile

Not if you already have a better PPPoE router.

"604!!"
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Thu 21-Feb-13 13:19:48
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

We don't , we did have anytime minutes on our landline, and I did away with that, which only leaves free evening and weekend calls to landlines. Now I've educated the wife to use her mobile we very rarely have any call charges, it's only when one of us forget we get the odd call charge. Plusnet changed the evening times from 18:00 to 19:00, so sometimes we do forget and use the landline before 7pm.

Shame I can't do away with the evening and weekend calls as well, or the phone entirely.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to