General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OllieJ
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-13 21:11:26
Print Post

Do I really need to wait over a year for Fibre? E9 - Cab6

[link to this post]

Hey everyone, I just did www.btwholesale.com availability checker to find that the 'Availability Date' will be '31-Mar-14'

Is it really going to take that long? My telephone number = 'Exchange HACKNEY is served by Cabinet 6'

Can I expect to get this any sooner? I live E9 Victoria Park and I would have thought it would be here much sooner.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Feb-13 21:16:56
Print Post

Re: Do I really need to wait over a year for Fibre? E9 - Cab

[re: OllieJ] [link to this post]

With thousands of cabs to enable then depends on how far down the list you are

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukoffline
(learned) Fri 22-Feb-13 22:35:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am on cab p4 near Victoria park and in the same boat

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sonicyouth
(newbie) Wed 01-May-13 13:26:43
Print Post

I got in touch with Openreach last year about this - I'm on Cabinet 78 at the top of Victoria Park. Surprisingly they actually replied with a target date of April 23rd '13, which has been and gone with nary a sniff of fibre. The 31st March '14 date is the same for all cabinets that are planned now - as the dates kept on slipping by 3 months each time, BT thought it was wiser to state the farthest possible. I think Hackney Council are being awkward about the Conservation Area around the park, as I have friends on the same exchange in London Fields that have had FTTC for over a year.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-May-13 14:24:25
Print Post

[re: sonicyouth] [link to this post]

I'm on a cabinet near homerton high st and that took an absolute age to get installed - was originally scheduled for phase 5, but must of been at least 2 years behind by the time it was enabled.

Have you contacted nga.enquires? They were pretty helpful. Think there is a lot of blocked ducting round Hackney excange.
Standard User sonicyouth
(newbie) Mon 03-Jun-13 11:27:06
Print Post

[re: ukoffline] [link to this post]

My cabinet (P78) has just been enabled according to BT's checker (although there's no sign of it on my street, and the Openreach site says it's still not there) - I should be on 58Mb/s in a week! I'm sad to say goodbye to BE, but there's no way I'd move to Sky.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Jun-13 13:46:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by OllieJ:
Can I expect to get this any sooner? I live E9 Victoria Park and I would have thought it would be here much sooner.

Thanks

Unfortunately London gets no special privileges in these regards and is dealt with on the same basis as everywhere else.

It is likely to be sooner than that, March 2014 was a placeholder date which basically indicated that they weren't 100% sure so gave that to cover themselves.
  Print Thread

Jump to