General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Stoatwblr
(newbie) Sat 23-Feb-13 03:02:53
Print Post

BTOR FTTC installers failing to show up.

[link to this post]

This seems to be a fairly common problem, judging from the complaints popping up in various ISP forums.

I wonder if there's any way of forcing BT to divulge the number of appointments broken by their staff.

Quite franklly I'm surprised that ISPs haven't started putting penalty clauses in their OR contracts for noshows, given that OR will more than happily bill ISPs if the endusers aren't there when they're supposed to be - small claims have repeatedly upheld consumer rights to claim loss of leave or paying work, etc when this occurs.

Andrew: how about a forum to allow collation of stats on this issue?

Do you want to stop spam, or do you just want to stop receiving it?
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 23-Feb-13 10:14:18
Print Post

Re: BTOR FTTC installers failing to show up.

[re: Stoatwblr] [link to this post]

I wonder if there's any way of forcing BT to divulge the number of appointments broken by their staff
There are plenty of metrics around in Openreach http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/servic... and there is / was a body monitoring them at least for LLU.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/aboutus/equival... shows what the engineers are supposed to do, ISPs should be able to see at least a code indicating what went wrong.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Feb-13 11:14:30
Print Post

Whats the volume we see, around 1 a week.

So a forum of its own no, but if the volume because 10 to 20 a day the answer might change, and at that level I would be collecting a list of them to pester for some changes

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Feb-13 12:36:22
Print Post

I read somewhere (I think) the isp's already get some sort of rebate for no shows, just they never pass onto the end user. But I am not 100% sure on this as I can only vaguely remember it.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 23-Feb-13 13:16:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

You are right ...

Just think how many appointments OR have everyday ... somewhere in the region of 30,000 to 50,000 or maybe more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Sat 23-Feb-13 13:19:12)

Standard User Stoatwblr
(learned) Sat 23-Feb-13 13:50:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes Andrew, but how many know about TBB?

There have been several complaints this week on the TalkTalk forums alone - and again, how many customers know about those forums?

Standard User Stoatwblr
(learned) Sat 23-Feb-13 13:53:22
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

"Should" and what's actually happening may be two different things.

In my case nothing's been entered by OR at all - and because the install hasn't been marked as "done/not done", it's impossible ro rebook. The ISP is left twisting in the wind.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 23-Feb-13 15:10:16
Print Post

the ISP should then ask what happened and escalate it with OR, it's not your problem to solve.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User partial
(member) Sat 23-Feb-13 21:00:02
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
I read somewhere (I think) the isp's already get some sort of rebate for no shows, just they never pass onto the end user. But I am not 100% sure on this as I can only vaguely remember it.

Back in 2010 providers got £40 for a missed appointment. Dunno what todays rate is.
Standard User Stoatwblr
(learned) Sun 24-Feb-13 02:20:47
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Indeed, but the earliest I can possibly get a rebooking is 2 WEEKS (It was 2 weeks in the first place) and this is a pretty common delay being reported.

Some of the recent threads about failed appointments on TT's website have dragged on for a couple of months. After several years of OR performing VDSL installations this kind of stuff shouldn't still be hapenning.

It's the kind of quality control that made British Leyland such a staggering success.

Print Thread

Jump to