General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(committed) Sat 02-Mar-13 22:48:34
Print Post

Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for Windows Users

[link to this post]

A small package of connection statistics logging/graphing programs has been recently devoloped from the original batch file script versions.

These programs are more robust than the scripted versions and are much quicker in use to boot.

Thanks to RONSKI's efforts, everything can now be set up using a GUI settings editor for fully automated data harvesting & graphing via user-defined scheduled events.

.Net does need to be installed to make full use of RONSKI's settings editor.
.Net version 4 has been used for extensive testing of the programs on systems ranging from XP Home Edition to Windows 7 & related Home Server versions.

However, users can still manually edit a text based configuration ini file if choosing not to install .Net
AFAIK, .Net was already included with Windows versions starting with Vista, so installing it is probably only relevant for the few XP users who don't already have it installed.

Resyncs are now detected (if monitoring 24/7) & the data is immediately logged, along with optional graphing.

The mis-reported FEC/CRC errors issue from the HG612's own buggy GUI has also been dealt with.

The output is almost identical to later scripted versions, just that there is more of it to assist with trouble-shooting problematic connections.

Once a reliable download site has been chosen, I'll post links here accordingly, so watch this space wink

At some stage in the not too distant future, these programs are also likely to be converted back to their Linux and ADSL roots as originally developed by Burakkucat, along with asbokid's input.

EDIT:-

As data and/or error/event log files and pictures can be attached, the preferred forum for feedback/queries once the programs have been released is:-

Kitz Forum

Edited by Bald_Eagle1 (Sat 02-Mar-13 23:18:36)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 02-Mar-13 22:50:03
Print Post

Re: Huawei HG612 Stats & Graphing Programs for Windows Users

[re: Bald_Eagle1] [link to this post]

I will give webspace if you want, better than rapidshare etc.

If you worried about longevity the files I host for kitz site are still there since 6-7 years ago.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sat 02-Mar-13 22:51:42
Print Post

For the past two months or so I've been developing a settings editor to set up Bald_Eagles excellent updated logging programs, along with testing them.

To do this I've had to learn VB.Net, and I haven't really programmed since I was a teenager, about 30 years ago.

So take it easy if you find anything not quite right, but please do let us know.

We'll update this thread and the first post on the Kitz thread when it's available for download

Edited by R0NSKI (Sat 02-Mar-13 23:52:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Mar-13 23:05:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bald_Eagle1:
A small package of connection statistics logging/graphing programs has been recently devoloped from the original batch file script versions.

Great, looking forward to the link smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
Huawei VDSL -> Draytek router -> Apple Airport Extreme -> Belkin Switch -> Windows/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Mar-13 08:56:49
Print Post

Nice one Bald Eagle. I can attest that they work just fine smile

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he could. RIP.
Standard User smouty
(learned) Mon 04-Mar-13 07:58:54
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Has anyone tried RS? http://sourceforge.net/projects/rsux/
It works on Linux and Windows (and under WINE on OSX).
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 04-Mar-13 08:15:02
Print Post

[re: smouty] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by smouty:
Has anyone tried RS? http://sourceforge.net/projects/rsux/
It works on Linux and Windows (and under WINE on OSX).
Ah, that looks interesting. I think I'll give that a go.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-13 08:46:29
Print Post

[re: smouty] [link to this post]

Has anyone tried RS?
Looks interesting, but doesn't seem to keep long term stats unless I have misunderstood it.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 04-Mar-13 09:10:13
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

I think you just leave it running. It will take snapshots according to Configuration | Graphs | Snapshots.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-13 09:19:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

But will the data persist over a computer reboot? Other than just the graphs.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to