General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mtx
(member) Wed 06-Mar-13 02:00:34
Print Post

FTTC Cabinets being installed in Barnstaple

[link to this post]

On the Openreach checker Barnstaple just has a future exchange pin with a date of by Dec 2013. (Announced in 10b I believe.) In the last few days I have had my cabinet (40) upgraded to a new shell and FTTC cabinet fitted. There has been a hive of activity including engineers from Carrillion Telent. The cabinet was even installed during the weekend! Looking at roadworks.org there are cabinets being installed across the town.

Is there a chance that we should get FTTC soon? Is it common to have work being done so far ahead of the provided dates? On the adsl checker I have nothing for my phone numbers (2 lines) I'm about 300 metres by road to the cabinet. If i search using the postcode checker it says that fttc is available on 31st dec 2013 with estimated speeds of 55.1 down and 18 up.

Most of the time I have read about dates being pushed back and no sign of progress. I'm just hoping that in our case it's going to be different.
Standard User hippyharry
(newbie) Wed 06-Mar-13 08:14:51
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinets being installed in Barnstaple

[re: Mtx] [link to this post]

I have the same scenario here in Blantyre. Cabinets are about to go up, on roadworks, it shows a tonne of activity about to take place with BT.

I'd anticipate it maybe being live by the end of the Summer at the latest.

http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php?title=D...

This might be a good help with knowing how long it will take from when the cabinet appears. smile

Edited by hippyharry (Wed 06-Mar-13 09:08:38)

Standard User Mtx
(member) Wed 06-Mar-13 19:32:40
Print Post

[re: hippyharry] [link to this post]

Well hopefully it wont be too long! smile

The telent guys are now doing something in a trench that goes from the fttc cabinet in the opposite direction of the PCP. One can only guess that this is for the power.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kitcat
(member) Wed 06-Mar-13 20:18:30
Print Post

You may well have FTTC soon.

Due to the ASA adjudication a couple of months ago BT are only publishing dates with 6 and 9 month views see post

This means that the dates cover the next 6 - 9 months and the exchange may be enabled anytime within that period.

The ASA ajudication was because some people complained that dates were not being hit and therefore the checker was incorrect advertising. BT cannot therefore publish any date to the public it may not hit.

It makes the checker only useful as a backstop as barring disasters all exchanges should be in adavamce of the published dates to prevent falling foul of the advertising rules!

Some of the complainants are posters on here but have done us all no favours on date accuracy!
Standard User Mtx
(member) Wed 06-Mar-13 23:15:19
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

I see. I guess it makes sense. I would rather know in advance though but I guess it saves disappointment for many.
Standard User sodicka320
(newbie) Thu 07-Mar-13 11:25:05
Print Post

Hi

Had an email a couple weeks ago from openreach giving an end of April 2013 live date as long as no unforeseen problems. (fremington)

smile

Edited by sodicka320 (Thu 07-Mar-13 11:28:05)

Standard User Mtx
(member) Thu 07-Mar-13 23:37:25
Print Post

[re: sodicka320] [link to this post]

Thanks for letting me know smile It looks like there are works in progress all over town according to roadworks.org. My cabinet in Whiddon Valley seems to have slowed for a few days. The trench for the power has been open for a couple of days now.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for decent speeds soon!

Dave
Standard User sodicka320
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-13 11:20:45
Print Post

Hopefully be able to watch iplayer soon !! (0.6-0.7 mb at the moment)

Cabinets I believe have power supply to them now with trenches filled in. Just need the fibre to them now and connect back to old boxes.

smile
Standard User Mtx
(member) Tue 12-Mar-13 23:06:42
Print Post

[re: sodicka320] [link to this post]

My cabinet is still awaiting power by the looks. The trench for the power still isn't filled in. Everything else looks done and is tarmacked back up etc.

Roadworks.org says my cabinet work should be done by the 15th, I just hope this is the case.

Now that I can see the cabinet every day I go to work and back I am just getting even more impatient! smile
Standard User sodicka320
(newbie) Thu 14-Mar-13 16:32:30
Print Post

Spotted vans with BNE on them doing something with the main road ducts at 2 places along main road in Fremington.... not sure who they are but must be a step closer smile

Cheers smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to