General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User majika2007
(newbie) Thu 21-Mar-13 10:57:18
Print Post

Llanelli (SW.Wales) - BTO FTTC Rollout update / FTTPoD Query

[link to this post]

Hi,

Just a quick update for those of us who live in Llanelli area.
I sent a email off to nga@openreach asking about the status of the FTTC roll out phase in my area but more specifically which PCP I will be serviced from.

This was the reply:

Good Evening

You are serviced from Llanelli PCP83 which is at Bryn Isaf, Llanelli, Wales - Fibre cab stood 31/01/2013

It is awaiting a power at present and this is expected to be complete within the next month

This would be FTTC and line checkers will be updated once cabinet live and available for service

You will need to ask your ISP to upgrade you to the FTTC service when it is available will not happen automatically

I then went on to ask about FTTPoD upgrade after FTTC went live.
I also enquired about the processes involved in upgrading my service, if/when this option was available to me.

With regards to Fibre on Demand = no published prices as not launched as yet - Fibre on demand would be need ordered from you Communication provider (not all Providers may offer or support fibre on Demand

* Based on the comment (above) "expected to be complete within the next month" does anyone think this is just BTO Customer relations lip service?
Will BTO keep to their word around this sort of thing?

I would like to know anyone else's experiences when they went through this same process nearing their FTTC service go-live dates.

Take from this what you may but I guess its all moving in the right direction smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Mar-13 11:00:42
Print Post

Re: Llanelli (SW.Wales) - BTO FTTC Rollout update / FTTPoD Q

[re: majika2007] [link to this post]

All depends on the power being delivered in the time frame really.
If the power people have not started, then always a chance they will discover a problem that delays things.

Ever dealt with builders? There are always delays when various trades are trying to interleave work.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User majika2007
(newbie) Thu 21-Mar-13 11:55:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I also seen somewhere in this forum a reference to roadworks.org.
Is this a reliable method for determining if the power company are likely to start work soon on the Node?

Also, is there any way to find out which power company will be supplying the power to the PCP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(committed) Thu 21-Mar-13 12:16:08
Print Post

Only partly. The power company (DNO ) will provide the power connection but the meter and electrical certification are typically completed seperatly.
At present I would guess its a/w the meter and certificate for them to give you a time-scale.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 21-Mar-13 12:30:39
Print Post

To my mind "this is expected to be complete within the next month" doesn't equate to them giving "their word" about anything?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to