General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User geo12
(newbie) Fri 22-Mar-13 18:20:41
Print Post

Why is my line not enabled for FTTC?

[link to this post]

Just done a check on the BTW checker to see when I will be able to get Fibre Broadband. It confirms that Fibre Multicast is now available but nothing about when Fibre Broadband(FTTC) will be available.
This seems very strange as I was on an EO line but then in the New Year my line along with others in the village were transferred to a new cabinet (PCP12) outside the exchange in Mevagissey Cornwall (WWMEVA).
I have checked other lines on this cabinet and find that those in the centre of the village are now able to order FTTC but those 5 minutes walk away,including mine,are unable to and no availability date is given. I have emailed OR and Superfast Cornwall regarding this and haven't had any reply yet (OR 5 weeks ago).
According to the BE user group forum(BRAS checker) the recorded BT line length is 282 metres and by road to the exchange is around 800 metres. I am currently on ADSL2+ and get around 16 Mbps down and 1Mbps up and so I don't think it is the line length. Properties nearer to the cab than me are also in the same boat.
Anybody got any ideas why?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Mar-13 18:23:44
Print Post

Re: Why is my line not enabled for FTTC?

[re: geo12] [link to this post]

Does the BTW checker give a cabinet number for you? Just above the table of speed estimates.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User geo12
(newbie) Fri 22-Mar-13 19:46:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Does the BTW checker give a cabinet number for you? Just above the table of speed estimates.
Yes it confirms that my line is on cabinet 12 WWMEVA.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Fri 22-Mar-13 20:35:01
Print Post

If others on the cabinet can order, whilst some can't and they are close enough by the sounds of it then it must be a database error.

Try emailing the address here, if that's the one you emailed before then try it again.

Standard User geo12
(newbie) Fri 22-Mar-13 22:53:51
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
If others on the cabinet can order, whilst some can't and they are close enough by the sounds of it then it must be a database error.

Try emailing the address here, if that's the one you emailed before then try it again.
Email sent, but going on past experience with OR I will not hold my breath for a reply!
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Fri 22-Mar-13 22:59:07
Print Post

I wouldn't hold my breath, takes them about ten days to reply going by recent posts on here.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Mar-13 23:46:54
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

If NGA proves to not help then I can try the Cornish people who may actually know more about the local situation

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User geo12
(newbie) Sat 23-Mar-13 12:11:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If NGA proves to not help then I can try the Cornish people who may actually know more about the local situation
I have also emailed the Superfast Cornwall people about this and they are usually pretty quick in replying.
Standard User Peterswest
(learned) Sat 23-Mar-13 22:14:18
Print Post

I take a keen interest in this outcome !
I'm on WWPAR exchange and have now got the Fibre Multicast live option too.
I am ( was?) on an exchange only line until recently but have now shown up on Cabinet 22 which is the brand new Cab placed right outside the exchange for the exchange only users.
Until recently , I was showing on TalkTalk's website as "coming end March 2013" , it has now reverted back to " coming soon"
Superfast Cornwall have not been able to say if I will actually receive Fibre , just wondered if anyone here could shed any light on the coming changes ?
Does Fibre Multicast available mean that FTTC would follow shortly ?
Thanks for any additional info

Pete
Standard User geo12
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 10:56:25
Print Post

[re: Peterswest] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Peterswest:
I take a keen interest in this outcome !
I'm on WWPAR exchange and have now got the Fibre Multicast live option too.
I am ( was?) on an exchange only line until recently but have now shown up on Cabinet 22 which is the brand new Cab placed right outside the exchange for the exchange only users.
Until recently , I was showing on TalkTalk's website as "coming end March 2013" , it has now reverted back to " coming soon"
Superfast Cornwall have not been able to say if I will actually receive Fibre , just wondered if anyone here could shed any light on the coming changes ?
Does Fibre Multicast available mean that FTTC would follow shortly ?
Thanks for any additional info

Pete

Just wondered ,how far are you from the cabinet and do you know if any lines connected to it have been enabled for fibre?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to