General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Mar-13 02:04:12
Print Post

BTor + Virgin coverage

[link to this post]

Has there been any recent analysis of how many people can get either one of, or both Virgin / BT FTTC/FTTP?

Would be interesting. In my travels recently, I've lived in approx 6 different flats. Only 2 could get VM, even though they were all city centre flats. Now all but one (which will get it in the next 2 or 3 months) can get FTTC...
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Mar-13 07:51:00
Print Post

Re: BTor + Virgin coverage

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

How about Ofcom's 2012 Infrastructure report, dated November 2012? (or The full report as PDF)

That suggests 65% coverage for superfast broadband, with the coverage measured on a postcode-by-postcode basis. That requires the postcode to be capable of getting 30Mbps+

It also notes that where FTTC is taken up, 88% are getting more than 30Mbps and 9% are getting below 15Mbps.
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Mar-13 07:54:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by mr_mojo:
I've lived in approx 6 different flats [...] all city centre flats. Now all but one [...] can get FTTC...

The infrastructure report indicates that SFBB is available to 84% of urban areas - so it isn't a surprise that 5 out of 6 of your city-centre flats can get it... you're almost exactly average wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Mar-13 16:36:30
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Ah, cheers. Thanks for that.
Standard User btbert
(member) Mon 25-Mar-13 17:16:08
Print Post

think you will fine VM have not put any new cable into flats for a few years now. I am sure they will turn it on if old cable is still there and ok , not sure if they would fix it or not.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420497773.png
  Print Thread

Jump to