General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Tue 26-Mar-13 21:05:11
Print Post

Want to change Fibre providers but cant

[link to this post]

Hey all,

has anyone changed from one fibre provider to another?
(there are no contract issues blocking it)
the reason I ask is I am trying to change from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre but not getting anywhere, this has been going on since 6th March and nothing is happening, I received the message below from a PlusNet Representative today...

let me know your thoughts on how I might get things moving..

Unfortunately this is a major problem with our suppliers that's affecting all ISPs. Basically the ordering system doesn't work as far as migrating existing fibre services from MPF providers like sky goes, and the actual code needs to be rewritten.

Our suppliers do have this in hand though we're not sure when the fix will be rolled and applied. At present though while it's ongoing there's only two ways round it, neither of which are ideal.

1) Cancel the existing service and then have us place an order for a new fibre install
2) Get a new line installed with fibre

Really sorry about that, we are chasing the problem (as are other ISPs) but at present that's where we are.

Hope that explains, though I understand it's not a good message.

Regards,
(staff) Tue 26-Mar-13 21:11:11
Print Post

Re: Want to change Fibre providers but cant

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

Coming off of Sky Fibre is complicated by the need to move the telephone line too.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vf12vf
(member) Tue 26-Mar-13 21:25:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

happy to moved telephone and signed up for Fibre and Phone but still the answer above...

im stuck between Sky, and Openreach BS at the moment

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HiPing
(learned) Tue 26-Mar-13 21:35:19
Print Post

Plusnet gave me a free line installation. I have now cancelled my Sky line which completes on the 9th Apr, with a new Plusnet line/fibre/phone install on the 3rd Apr. Plusnet offered the free line install due to the "incompatible product" error, which is rearing its ugly head on all Fibre LLU+phone to Fibre migrations. It only put my migration back by about a fortnight.

Edited by HiPing (Tue 26-Mar-13 23:40:37)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 26-Mar-13 21:58:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by vf12vf:
Hey all,

has anyone changed from one fibre provider to another?
(there are no contract issues blocking it)
the reason I ask is I am trying to change from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre but not getting anywhere, this has been going on since 6th March and nothing is happening, I received the message below from a PlusNet Representative today...
As has been said, your problem is because of the LLU phone line with Sky, on top of the LLU FTTC.

I migrated from IDNet FTTC to Plusnet FTTC without a hitch, in February 2012.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to