General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Wassie
(newbie) Wed 27-Mar-13 17:25:56
Print Post

Woking Exchange FTTC Enabled - Cab P7 ignored

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm currently enjoying BT Infinity having had our cabinet FTTC enabled 12 months ago. However I'm now moving a short way down the road and the cabinet seems not to be on the roadmap. I have used all the site, postcode and telephone number checkers and it seems that the cabinet is being overlooked for some reason even though a cabinet close by is enabled and has a nice big sticker saying fibre broadband here. Anyone able to help check again for me as a sanity check?

Postal code: GU22 8LJ
Exchange: Woking - FTTC enabled
Cabinet: P54
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 27-Mar-13 17:37:29
Print Post

Re: Woking Exchange FTTC Enabled - Cab P7 ignored

[re: Wassie] [link to this post]

The cabinet is proably full and is either waiting on more line cards to increase capacity or a second cabinet if its full.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 27-Mar-13 17:39:35
Print Post

I'm confused.

What has Cab 7 in your Subject got to do with it. As you say, Cab 54 is the one for that postcode.

Or is that your existing postcode? Google maps Street View shows it as a fairly new estate. Is your new property another new estate or perhas a later phase, and served by Cab 7?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Mar-13 19:42:49
Print Post

Doing some searches on Google Maps, Royal Mail, and the BTW DSL Address checker, I can't find anywhere in the vicinity that is also on cabinet 54, except for the same new estate.

All the surrounding, older, properties are on different cabinets with FTTC: Cabinet 69 to the south, Cabinet 8 both south and immediately north, Cabinet 67 to the west, and cabinet 33 further to the north.

Have you positively identified which cabinet 54 is yet? BT cabinets usually have the number painted on the front and/or side.

Otherwise, I think this might be it - especially if those manhole covers next to it are labelled "BT". It could be Virgin's though...

Is that the one you have seen with an FTTC twin? It looks too small for BT to include it in the commercial rollout (as does the size of the estate).

There is always the Superfast Surrey Postcode Checker. Your postcode isn't in there, so perhaps you *are* going to be covered by the commercial rollout.

Finally, have you tried an email to Openreach? nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk
Standard User Wassie
(newbie) Thu 28-Mar-13 20:30:55
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Apologies Rob, the subject line should have said cabinet p54, P7 is the one I'm currently on but I'm moving home in a months time.

WWWombat - Your link to the picture of the cabinet (P54) is correct, I have checked it myself and its the correct one and has the number on it as well, and the manhole covers have BT on them. Just up the road https://maps.google.com/maps?q=GU228LJ&hl=en&ll=51.3... with a nice sticker. I will try the email address you mentioned to see if they have any idea of timing, I just want to know if its going to happen at all, otherwise I might try the new Tooway satellite option if there is no other choice.
  Print Thread

Jump to