General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Apr-13 07:42:49
Print Post

Cuckoo Oak Urgent Users

[link to this post]

If you are one of those missing out on FTTC, please I urgent u to register to get BT to bring FTTC cabinets in our area.

190 Houses listed below will get (Huawei FTTC Cab - 288 Houses Max - Cab 6 - Cuckoo Oak) (80Mbps Downstream/20Mbps Upstream)

TF7 5LS 42 Houses - FTTC

TF7 5LY 29 Houses - FTTC

TF7 5NA 31 Houses - FTTC

TF7 5ND 32 Houses - FTTC

TF7 5NF 21 Houses - FTTC

TF7 5NJ 35 Houses - FTTC

FTTC are not available for the rest of the whole TF7 Residential Houses say BT Openreach but
we need to campaign to get BT Openreach to put FTTC cabinets by click here below:

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen....

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 03-Apr-13 07:44:31)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Apr-13 08:23:21
Print Post

Re: Cuckoo Oak Urgent Users

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Max, Shropshire have completed their BDUK Open Market Review and procurement.

If you aren't on the plans you aren't getting it now until BDUK time. It's too late for Openreach to change their minds about additional cabinets.

As an aside that postcode checker isn't accurate and premises counts, depending on how you do them, should be used with caution too - does it seem likely for a moment to you BT using the largest and most expensive 288 line cabinet for an area with 190 premises?

When I did this process for an area I actually had the wiring plans for the area from the developers so I could trace wiring from cabinet.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Apr-13 08:35:16
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

http://www.telford.gov.uk/press/article/1123/council...

http://lightmoorlife.co.uk/blog/2013/02/28/telford-w...

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 03-Apr-13 08:36:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Apr-13 08:40:16
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Oh, never mind. There are local government elections coming up. You can get shot of a council that turns down a product supported both by central government and private money.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Apr-13 10:06:36
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Hard to get rid of a council with the way they are voted for, as usually not all seats are up for vote each election.

The balance of power can be shifted, and there is a sense that residents and businesses would do well to show if they think the cost of the BDUK project is worth council money

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 03-Apr-13 15:46:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

in 2 minds.

I think broadband investment is important, however the council is right also when they looking at the amount it benefits, and it wouldnt sit right with me if eg. they cut budgets for vulnerable people to pay for the rollout. To me the best solution is if they cant get it from non critical sevrices then fund it via tax increases.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 46/20, Current Attainable 74/29 frown
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Apr-13 16:13:45
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I got email reply from openreach with good news:

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

09:41 (6 hours ago)

to me

Dear Mr ***********,

Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Cuckoo Oak Exchange, cabinet 8.

I have been in contact with the Project Manager and he advises that work will start on the deployment of cabinet 7,8,9,10 & 11 in a later phase, towards the end of 2013. If all goes to plan, we are hopeful the cabinet will be ready for service November 2013, barring any complications.

I suggest you continue to monitor our Web-Site which will keep you up to date with our latest deployment news for your exchange, the site also contains FAQs.

The Web-Site can be viewed using the following link:

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/...

I am sorry I cannot provide a definite date at this time.

Regards,

Julie

Julie Cummings BWA613

Network Investment Customer Engagement
Web: www.openreach.co.uk

Web: www.openreach.co.uk

Openreach is delivering fibre broadband services to communities across the UK as well as installing and maintaining the communications infrastructure that links homes, businesses, public and voluntary sector organisations to their Communications Providers' networks.

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Apr-13 16:45:01
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Tax increases for councils at the moment are not easy. Any large council wanting to put up by more than 1% has to hold a referendum. Most won't bother.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 03-Apr-13 19:38:07
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

yeah silly policy although my council is raising 2% this year and was no referundum.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 46/20, Current Attainable 74/29 frown
Standard User simon194
(committed) Thu 04-Apr-13 00:12:23
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Tax increases for councils at the moment are not easy. Any large council wanting to put up by more than 1% has to hold a referendum. Most won't bother.

It's 1.99% they can put council tax up without a referendum.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to