General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 03-Apr-13 13:32:12
Print Post

wow its hard to get an engineer out now days

[link to this post]

Line going nuts, down 3 hours last night FEC now chewing up 35% of my attainable so speed down the 25% rule as well. Still refused.

During the 30 min call the call centre op claimed to be stabilising the line himself remotely, give they cant touch DLM I am curious if he actually was doing anything (modem didnt drop during this) or just going all out to deny the engineer.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 70/20, Current Attainable 68/23 frown

Edited by Chrysalis (Wed 03-Apr-13 13:35:47)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Apr-13 14:01:56
Print Post

Re: wow its hard to get an engineer out now days

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Usual procedure would be to request higher levels of interleaving and/or increased noise margin. ISP can request these changes.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 03-Apr-13 14:28:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

interesting, obviously I am not amused with your reply meaning they "mask the fault".

Also that there is procedures for requesting manual adjustments to slow a line down but not to remove DLM. Doesnt that make a mockery of "no control over DLM"?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 70/20, Current Attainable 68/23 frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Apr-13 14:40:03
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Doh!

In relation to FTTC yes no control of DLM beyond flipping you between the three stable, standard, fast (three profiles) I believe. ADSL via BT Wholesale has more control, though most providers never seemed to bother, which might explain why Openreach have been so lax.

My original reply had mixed you up as recall you from the old ADSL based days.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 03-Apr-13 15:15:07
Print Post

ok so its possible he requested I got put on stable profile, otherwise he was likely talking rubbish.

Sending some emails to sales at various isp's now to see if they get my custom will they get an engineer out.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 03-Apr-13 15:41:19
Print Post

got it escalated and booked now.

Turns out my profile has been as low as in the 20s O_o, they didnt even argue with me.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 46/20, Current Attainable 74/29 frown
  Print Thread

Jump to