General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kureigu07
(newbie) Thu 04-Apr-13 20:03:58
Print Post

FTTC Cab misplaced on BT OR where & when

[link to this post]

Hi all.

The BT wholesale line checker rightly states that the cabinet to supply my property is number 15 on exchange SDRYD. This is at the end of my road as shown in the below link.
http://goo.gl/maps/xnhnr

If I then go to the Openreach where and when checker, and supply my postcode PO333RT (which is the only option) it still shows P15 and places a yellow pin to show a delay. However this marker is some 300m from where the relatively recently new Cab and twin were installed. View Image

Do you know if this misinformation could possibly cause a delay in the availability of FTTC for my postcode? (The above work was completed early Jan.)

Thanks for reading, I hope I made myself clear in what I was trying to say.
Regards,
Craig.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 04-Apr-13 20:19:02
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cab misplaced on BT OR where & when

[re: Kureigu07] [link to this post]

Using the address checker, http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addres... , your go-live date shows 31-03-2014 which indicates there is some delay.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 04-Apr-13 20:25:24
Print Post

It is possible to get errors like this depending on how Openreach is translating the postcode into a lat/long for plotting on the map, two conversion systems and one can put points out by a 100m or so.

So probably just a software presentation issue rather than the cause for any delay

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kureigu07
(newbie) Thu 04-Apr-13 20:49:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Okay fair enough. So it is just a waiting game.

My first quarter date was for 31st Dec 12, but I knew that had no chance as the work for the cab was due to start of the 18th of Dec. So come that date, I got the standard quarter bump to 31st Apr 13, which to me seemed feasible. But with the recent ruling, which moved all delay dates to the end of the project period, I have no idea when BT "think" it might be ready for... laugh

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 04-Apr-13 21:00:27
Print Post

You could try emailing Openreach and asking them nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Thu 04-Apr-13 21:17:16
Print Post

From what I've seen, just about every cab in Newport and Ryde that isn't already live has been set with a date of 31-March-2014.

I'm fortunate in that I've just moved somewhere FTTC is live, but the cab serving my previous place had been put back to March 2014 despite me witnessing them installing the fttc cab, power, fibre and patch loop between cabs. Basically, it should be ready to go, but has been pushed back anyway.

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net> > Sky LLU > WightWireless > Plusnet FTTC 73/17
Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Thu 04-Apr-13 21:36:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

a delayed cabinet near here displays the yellow pin 400m south of the actual pcp, and
another delayed cabinet the yellow pin is 100m nw of its pcp.

they are approximate
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Fri 05-Apr-13 07:06:05
Print Post

Every cab I've seen on there is in the wrong location, perhaps BT want to hide the correct location.

Standard User Senn
(newbie) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:37:35
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I get the impression the pins are on the dead center of the spread of postcodes a certain cabinet will service. That's what happened with the two I was monitoring in my local area before they got switched on, they seemed very off, but a quick check of my area using http://www.doogal.co.uk/UKPostcodes.php proved the pins were taking a middle position of service area.
Standard User worldofadsl
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Apr-13 17:42:58
Print Post

Where on the "when and where" does it show this yellow pin when I type in a postcode by me it just shows the exchange is accepting orders (CH45 4PD) no information on the cabinets.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to