General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Housey1
(learned) Sat 06-Apr-13 19:27:40
Print Post

Messed up my BT Infinty 2 Order

[link to this post]

Processed the initial order, had an installation date of Wednesday 10th April bit annoyed and didn't get the advertised special offer. Especially when committing to a fresh 18 month contract, anyway I was happy to go along with the order.

Logged into BT website to check on the order and to my disgust was charged £25 excess usage £5 per 5 Gigabyte on my existing BT broadband complained about the charges and they were unable to remove the charges they said I had been warned prior, I saw red and decided to cancel the infinity order which I regretted and backed down unfortunately too late once the order is cancelled it cannot be reversed.

So I tried placed another order online which is not showing on my BT login website which had an install date of Friday 12th April I only wish could get this date for install.

I did consider moving however 3 months in to my contract and £190 exist fee is a lot for me to fork out.

Edited by Housey1 (Sat 06-Apr-13 19:33:10)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Apr-13 21:13:00
Print Post

Re: Messed up my BT Infinty 2 Order

[re: Housey1] [link to this post]

Are you sure about the £190 exit fee. Have you calculated it from the table on this page?

For instance, on Plusnet if I cancel my £19.99pm FTTC contract early it costs £5.75 per outstanding month instead of £19.99.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 07-Apr-13 01:03:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

BT charge a lot more penalty per month, eg.if I cancel infinity the penalty is £13 per month.

So it seems £190 is possible if hes early in contract.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 46/20, Current Attainable 74/29

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Housey1
(learned) Sun 07-Apr-13 07:47:29
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I have 15 months remaining, I have evenings weekend calls and broadband option1. Gonna give the infinity 2 order another try is just too much to money to move at this time.
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Sun 07-Apr-13 10:16:47
Print Post

[re: Housey1] [link to this post]

In some cases where people recontracted to get the new unthrottled Infinity 2 contract, the new contract ran for 12 months which was less than the remaining time on their previous 18 month contract.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User Housey1
(learned) Mon 08-Apr-13 17:38:27
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

I have reordered BT Infinity on a re-contract for 12 Months with a slight discount and due install Monday 15th April not too bad. Pretty happy with the deal which is fair estimated 57mb 20mb upload @ 330m from FTTC.

Roll on next monday.
  Print Thread

Jump to