General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User helpoort
(member) Wed 10-Apr-13 17:58:08
Print Post

Fibre Connection

[link to this post]

Have been told, that although a Fibre cabinet has been installed beside my existing cabinet, I will not receive Fibre but continue to have copper wire connection to the Exchange, UNLESS I take BT Infinity.
Is this correct.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Apr-13 18:02:59
Print Post

Re: Fibre Connection

[re: helpoort] [link to this post]

Almost correct.

You won't get a VDSL service unless you order it from your chosen ISP. 'Infinity' is just BT Retails name for their version of the product. Plenty of others offering it too.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 10-Apr-13 20:53:15
Print Post

[re: helpoort] [link to this post]

As Zarjaz says in one way, but also a little incomplete in another. It is what BT tell their call centre staff to tell anyone like you who rings up.

In other words - a simple lie. But not by the person you spoke to. (Except by now unless they are stupid they must know it's a lie, but their job is on the line if they say so).

If you can get Infinity, you can get FTTC from nearly every ISP in the country, just like ordinary broadband.

Plusnet is better and cheaper than BT Retail Infinity, but BT Retail Infinity does include the WiFi hotspot stuff and some cloud storage.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 10-Apr-13 22:48:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Apr-13 21:22:19
Print Post

Re: Fibre Connection *DELETED*

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Zarjaz
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 10-Apr-13 22:50:23
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Nothing really.

I knew the first draft was wrong, and that was the second. Which I was still uneasy about but couldn't think of the right words. Third go is now there. Not something you could say!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User helpoort
(member) Thu 11-Apr-13 17:29:48
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for replies.
Appreciated
helpoort
  Print Thread

Jump to