General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Housey1
(learned) Wed 17-Apr-13 21:44:32
Print Post

Huawei HG612 How do I get the stats?

[link to this post]

Just been connected to my local FTTC in Falkirk now accepting orders I am running at full 80/20 profile. I would like to access the stats from Huawei HG612 vdsl modem can anyone advise thank you.

Edited by Housey1 (Wed 17-Apr-13 21:47:16)

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Apr-13 21:53:41
Print Post

Re: Huawei HG612 How do I get the stats?

[re: Housey1] [link to this post]

Take a look at the right hand side of this page:http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/
Standard User Housey1
(learned) Wed 17-Apr-13 22:24:42
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Good link thank you will get to unlocking, looks like FTTC dowload rates are capable in excess of 80mb connection speed currently in operation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Wed 17-Apr-13 22:27:02
Print Post

Once you've unlocked the modem you can use the program in the following thread to read and graph the stats.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4216317-hua...

Standard User Housey1
(learned) Fri 19-Apr-13 23:57:08
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thank you all for the links very interesting stuff, managed to load the unlocked firmware and currently on full 80/20 sync. Max attainable is 104mb DL and 36mb UP, had a look at the graphs as well. however the connection seem to be working fine so I didn't want to mess around too much.

Uploaded the original firmware back in for moment, at least if I have any issues can revert back to debug.

Regards
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 20-Apr-13 16:56:46
Print Post

Bad move! tongue

The time you need the graphs and the detailed log the graphing setup also keeps is when the connection has gone funny. Although reloading the unlocked firmware and reloading the graphing will tell you how things are, you will have no record of what happened on the way to it.

The degenerative stages are likely to be useful.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 20-Apr-13 17:00:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

very true.

I reccomend putting the firmware back on. Although I can understand why he is been cautious because its like not wanting to break whats working.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sat 20-Apr-13 17:54:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

One problem for a lot of people is having a computer that's on 24/7 to log the stats.

I'm lucky as I have a server tat is always on, and it only draws about 40 - 50 watts, this has been logging my stats 24/7 since my connection went live.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 20-Apr-13 18:00:43
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

That's fair enough. But even having it running when the computer is on is better than not at all.

Now there's a thought. Maybe I'll set up the old one by the router and modem to run the stuff, and access it through the LAN.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Apr-13 18:49:01
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
One problem for a lot of people is having a computer that's on 24/7 to log the stats.

For me its not the cost of the power for a 24x7 log, its the noise it makes. I have a fairly small flat and most of my PCs have cases that vibrate a bit. If I had an old silent laptop (e.g. pent-M) then that could be a logger.

Or a hosted service could telnet in and grab stats on the WAN side.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Speeds 49 / 8.2 Mbps - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m
Huawei modem -> RT-N66U -> Switch -> PC/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone/TV - last speedtest
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to