General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Apr-13 14:36:08
Print Post

Anyone using the AVM FRITZ! Box 3370?

[link to this post]

Does it have the same DSL stats pages as this review of the 7390? And does it now work reliably with FTTC in the UK(this post suggests it didn't)?
Standard User lexden16
(member) Mon 29-Apr-13 16:24:47
Print Post

Re: Anyone using the AVM FRITZ! Box 3370?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

This might provide you with a few answers:

http://www.avm.de/en/service/manuals/FRITZBox/Manual...

The 3370 has the same firmware as the 7390 so I cannot think of a reason why it shouldn't work on a UK ADSL or VDSL connection.

http://www.avm.de/en/news/artikel/2013/avm_at_cebit_...

The version to avoid is the German version as changing the firmware can be very tricky. If memory serves the only differences between the 7390 international and UK version are the power adapter and the combined telephone/DSL lead. If you look at the AVM site it has a list of approved UK stockists. Give them a call and they should have all the answers. Also, if you buy one and it doesn't connect you always have the DSR regulations to fall back on.

Personally, I would wait until the UK release of the new Fritz!Box models later this year which have higher wifi speeds and, in the case of the 7490, vectoring capability. The latter should 'future-proof' you for what is coming.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 29-Apr-13 20:25:49
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

it has the same stats page, in fact the dsl pages are actually enhanced there is an extra option on the page where can adjust settings and it shows an extra stat on the info page.

I never touched the dsl settings tho so i dont know first hand if doing things like adjusting snr margin actually work.

On a ECI dslam it synced about 2mbit lower than my hg612 (on fast path) but also had a much significantly lower error rate. On interleaving it has a larger gap from the hg612.

Also the fritz 3370 has a newer dsl chipset than the 7390, the one in the 3370 is the same chipset used in BT's ECI dslams.

For the short period I used it, it was stable, I dont use it now due to the router side of the fritz been too limited for me, I may go back to it at a later date if I can get bridge mode configured.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 29-Apr-13 20:26:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Jun-13 11:41:23
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I spoke to AVM yesterday, and they think that the international version of the 7490 wont be until the beginning of next year frown

I quite like the idea of the VoIP DECT built-in but don't want to waste my money on the 7390 ...
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Sep-13 18:39:54
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

Well, the 7490 has been released in the last few days in Germany at an eye watering EUR285!

And the wireless range is still as terrible as the 7390 apparently ...
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 07-Sep-13 03:49:48
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

in my opinion the fritz is certianly priced heavily for what it is.

one thing to remember with the friztboxes they are locked down as well, they dont have geeky features such as snmp and qos.

apparently they powerful if you can get into telnet, lots of things to configure but on the 3370 as far as I know there is no way to unlock telnet only on the 7390.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to