General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User philzi
(newbie) Mon 06-May-13 21:22:34
Print Post

Infinity MYSNH - Snaith

[link to this post]

It appears that the MYSNH exchange has recently been 'enabled' for Infinity. I live in a village connected to the exchange, Pollington. I'm wondering if anyone here is able to check the BT OR info to see if the village is due to receive the FTTC capability??

Thanks
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-May-13 01:29:28
Print Post

Re: Infinity MYSNH - Snaith

[re: philzi] [link to this post]

It probably won't be in any of the Openreach data that was leaked a year or two back.

It is considerably more likely that the Snaith exchange was activated as part of the BDUK process for North Yorkshire - even though the village of Snaith itself looks to be just in the East Riding. I guess the coverage for Snaith exchange includes enough properties in NY.

Pollington looks to be in the East Riding too, so the answer here is that it depends... You aren't likely to be included in the NY BDUK process, but the mere fact that the exchange has been enabled might make you viable as a standalone location. On the other hand, you might need to wait for the East Riding's own BDUK process to come along.

If you look at the PDF on the East Riding Broadband page, the maps suggest you are in their "Intervention Area", so will need to wait for their BDUK process to get further.

Edit: I just checked my list of the "Coming Soon" exchanges from late last year. It does indeed look like Snaith was added into the lists as part of the BDUK process - and the only county, at the time, that was included in the plans was North Yorkshire.

Edited by WWWombat (Tue 07-May-13 10:35:44)

Print Thread

Jump to