General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 15:11:47
Print Post

Something might be happening?

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

ALthough I have been told my cab will not be upgraded for fibre there is now work commencing about 100 yards down the road to , and ill quote from roadworks.org " supply and install an NGA cab and ducting" Work to commence in a few days

Is this them installing a fibre cab? and if so would I have any chance of getting on it? (they are installing it outside new flats I assume on the assumption they have money) I have more money than they do guaranteed as do my neighbours but we are being left out it seems.

My confusion always coming from the fact - connection to an exchange miles away no problem - connection to a cab up the road - no chance!

Cheers

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 10-May-13 15:13:31)

Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Fri 10-May-13 15:21:56
Print Post

Re: Something might be happening?

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
ALthough I have been told my cab will not be upgraded for fibre there is now work commencing about 100 yards down the road to , and ill quote from roadworks.org " supply and install an NGA cab and ducting" Work to commence in a few days

The question is - are the works beside your PCP?

They arent putting a new PCP for the flats are they although? This wouldnt require electricy supplies unless it was an FTTC CAB as well.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 15:56:31
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Hello no not that I know of. The location is outside flats down the road. I won;t know for sure until they start but the NGA address says that my cab is not included in the rollout but might be under the welsh project.

I am actually looking around at other places now. Even if I don't get fibre I can get a 2 bed house 2 streets away from the exchange which is not directly wired but will give me 20mbps down which is 3 times more than I get now and £200 a month less in rent!

There are several on that street so plenty of choice!

I'll literally cut my legs off before I go back to Virgin. And I am sure my hatred goes both ways!

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 10-May-13 15:58:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User da_flash
(committed) Fri 10-May-13 16:14:19
Print Post

Is this them installing a fibre cab? and if so would I have any chance of getting on it? (they are installing it outside new flats I assume on the assumption they have money) I have more money than they do guaranteed as do my neighbours but we are being left out it seems.

Harry Enfield springs to mind here.

"I am considerably more richer than thooooooowwwww!!!!"

Cheers C
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 17:19:02
Print Post

[re: da_flash] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by da_flash:

Harry Enfield springs to mind here.

"I am considerably more richer than thooooooowwwww!!!!"

hehe thanks that made me smile smile

I'm not but I have no debts at all and a good imcome so I have more disposable I guess is what I meant.

The funny thing is i've just been for a walk and I can't see any cabs anywhere near where it says on the map so it's possible it is near me or mine but the work names those flats specifically.

So god knows. Guess ill find out when they start the work - there's to me more traffic lights so i should know when that starts.

The roadworks site has updated and the exact wording is

" Install 20m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)"

so god knows!?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 10-May-13 17:37:24
Print Post

The roadworks site has updated and the exact wording is

" Install 20m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)"

so god knows!?
In which case he's probably the only one who does.

Edit - Oops! The only three who do.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 10-May-13 17:38:20)

(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 19:20:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

and now a sensible answer please
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 10-May-13 19:51:50
Print Post

Firstly as a Harry Enfield fan I really must correct you, it's 'considerably richer than yeeeeew!"

Ok joking over, have you seen any Openreach vans around pcoventry76?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User asbokid
(member) Fri 10-May-13 19:57:38
Print Post

Discover which cabinet number is yours from the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER:

http://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Search the area of "the new flats" for a PCP, to discover the numbering on it.

cheers, a
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 20:44:17
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

I have seen agents working for them.

I will look at the info cheer but I also know my cab and it's number. Im looking at it it's so close I can see the bird poo on it. But I am told by the NGA address my cab is not in the rollout. I go through a town which is 5 miles in the sticks from the nearest town which does and they are getting cabs too. I am sick of this postcode lottery as we all are
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to