General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tehidyman
(regular) Tue 14-May-13 12:20:58
Print Post

Missing Faceplate

[link to this post]

Sometime ago I removed the faceplate from my BT master socket and replaced it with a Clarity filtered faceplate. The BT fibre engineer is due next week and I cannot locate the original BT faceplate. As I read it the engineer puts an extra plate on the master (like the old i-plate) and will need the original to finish. As I cannot find the original should I panic?
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Tue 14-May-13 12:35:15
Print Post

Re: Missing Faceplate

[re: tehidyman] [link to this post]

No need to panic, they will replace it themselves.
Standard User lewisskinner
(newbie) Wed 15-May-13 00:06:09
Print Post

[re: tehidyman] [link to this post]

They take off the faceplate anyway and plug directly into the test socket.

It's rather ugly-looking, but you've no need to worry.

I am a Plusnet Employee, but my opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent the views of Plusnet Technologies or the wider BT Group plc.

Plusnet FTTC Ping
Virgin Media 100Mbps Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 15-May-13 00:53:15
Print Post

[re: lewisskinner] [link to this post]

Uh?

With a standard NTE5 and NTE5A assembly the interstitial VDSL2 filter component is plugged into the test socket and the existing NTE5A is plugged into that component. The screws originally securing the NTE5A are discarded and longer ones used to secure both parts to the NTE5.

I wouldn't be surprised if that worked with the Clarity faceplate as well. Providing double filtering of the phone socket and a dead ADSL socket on the Clarity.

The engineer will either supply an NTE5A as well as he VDSL2 filer component, or bend the rules and leave the Clarity faceplate as is.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-May-13 09:13:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I wouldn't be surprised if that worked with the Clarity faceplate as well. Providing double filtering of the phone socket and a dead ADSL socket on the Clarity.

Looking at the shape of the Clarity faceplate, I don't think that is going to work. I had one of those as well and kept it as a spare, I must have found the original NTE5 faceplate before the FTTC engineer came.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Going_Digital
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-May-13 09:43:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The Pressac faceplate from Clarity will not physically fit on the interstitial filter. But no need to worry the engineers carry NTE-5 boxes and will more than likely just use the faceplate from one of them.

adslnation - A Tandy Brand.
http://www.adslnation.com
  Print Thread

Jump to