General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jimgb17
(newbie) Wed 05-Jun-13 14:37:16
Print Post

adslchecker not showing fttc data

[link to this post]

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Hi all the bt adslchecker at used to show expected fttc speeds and dates etc But now all this data is no longer showing!

Has bt removed this data or am I using the wrong adsl checker?

I remember checking my postcode and getting data but I don't get that data anymore

Jimgb17

Edited by jimgb17 (Wed 05-Jun-13 14:38:42)

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Wed 05-Jun-13 15:14:25
Print Post

Re: adslchecker not showing fttc data

[re: jimgb17] [link to this post]

Still showing it for me. It may be that your FTTC cabinet is now full and so FTTC is no longer available to you.

Or it may just be a bug in their data.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.

Edited by StephenTodd (Wed 05-Jun-13 15:14:50)

Standard User lewisskinner
(newbie) Wed 05-Jun-13 15:24:08
Print Post

CLI (phone number) data is more accurate than postcode, as it can isolate your cabinet. If you've only used the postcode checker previously, this may be why.

Furthermore, Openreach kept putting the go live dates back, so have since remove go live dates from some exchanges and set some to march 2014 to avoid the frustration felt by customers at seeing their go live date drop back a quarter at a time.

I am a Plusnet Employee, but my opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent the views of Plusnet Technologies.

Plusnet FTTC Ping
Virgin Media 100Mbps Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Jun-13 18:49:10
Print Post

The postcode checker has gone even more haywire than usual - it doesn't show FTTC service in 2 locations that I know have access.

If you can't use the checker with a telephone number, you should use the address checker instead.

Note that you can start with only a postcode in the address checker - and it will then give you a list of all the possible addresses in that postcode. Very handy for checking your predictions and all your neighbours...
  Print Thread

Jump to