General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 03:29:42
Print Post

using own VDSL router (plusnet)

[link to this post]

Hi all hope some one can help ive got a zyxel P-2812HNU-F1 VDSL router this is an all in one VDSL modem/router im wanting to use it with my plusnet VDSL connection but im not getting right far i enter all the details i know of and the DSL light just flashes and the status says initialising but it never connects to the ne.

i woundered it anyone has the exact settings i need to enter ive put my pppoe un/pw , VLAN 101 and entered my static IP

these are all that i know of to enter that it asks me for

This is the router

Any help would be appreciated as i used to like using this router on my old FTTC provider as its got Gbit lan 3g back up decent wifi and all in one so saves on the plugs lol

Thanks
Ash

Plus.net - Extra Fibre - IP Profile - 69.54 Mbps / 20Mbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 06-Jun-13 10:15:41
Print Post

Re: using own VDSL router (plusnet)

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

flashing DSL light - initialising - sounds like lack of sync.

You say you've used it before - same connection different ISP or ??

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 13:21:22
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
flashing DSL light - initialising - sounds like lack of sync.

You say you've used it before - same connection different ISP or ??

yes i used the router its self for 9 months on my old ISP (the ISP that gave me the router) so it was a diff connection but it worked none the less

just to confirm its not locked down with custom firmware like for example a BT home hub or anything like that so its not the firmware stopping it from connecting to a diff provider it just has the generic firmware zyxel ship with the router, all they did when i was with the was to block admin access and only give you limited access to not mess with things they did not want you messing with but when i left them they gave me access to the full account (called supervisor its above admin) so i could use it with plusnet

the only difference is my old ISP did not use PPPoE i think it was something like IPOE and used VLAN 10 to connect but ive factory reset it and started new and obviously using PPPoE for plus net.

the router its self has a fair few settings so all i can think of is im doing something wrong within the settings which is why its not working

at the min im using a OR modem and a unlocked HH3 the router PN supply is terrible, but seen as i own this zyxel im wanting to use it for the all in one box experience, the fact it has Gbit lan and also the wifi is actually very good it can still connect about 5 houses up even on a phone, were as the HH even though its better than the PN wireless its still not exactly brilliant

Ash

My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aavid60
(regular) Thu 06-Jun-13 13:37:03
Print Post

I am using my own VDSL router on PlusNet with no problems TG789.
Have you turned on VLAN tagging and set it to 101
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 13:38:07
Print Post

[re: aavid60] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aavid60:
I am using my own VDSL router on PlusNet with no problems TG789.
Have you turned on VLAN tagging and set it to 101

i have yes

Ash

My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 13:49:47
Print Post

Just in case it helps, here are the steps I used to get an HG622 working with Infinity.

1 - I restored default settings under Maintenance/Device
2 - Basic/DSL -> unticked AnnexM
3 - Basic/Link Interface/PTM -> set as in screenshot above http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12826047/img/hg6... (thanks asbokid)
4 - Basic/Wan/WAN2_INTERNET_TR069_R_PTM2_4_1_1 . set usename=bthomehub@btinternet.com pass=bt, and favourite dns servers

I realize you aren't on either HG622 or on Infinity, but the details that matter are probably the same.
It does look as if you have already covered them.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 14:57:59
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by StephenTodd:
Just in case it helps, here are the steps I used to get an HG622 working with Infinity.

1 - I restored default settings under Maintenance/Device
2 - Basic/DSL -> unticked AnnexM
3 - Basic/Link Interface/PTM -> set as in screenshot above http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12826047/img/hg6... (thanks asbokid)
4 - Basic/Wan/WAN2_INTERNET_TR069_R_PTM2_4_1_1 . set usename=bthomehub@btinternet.com pass=bt, and favourite dns servers

I realize you aren't on either HG622 or on Infinity, but the details that matter are probably the same.
It does look as if you have already covered them.

ive uploaded a pic of the option i can select and what ive put in so far might make things a bit easier lol

Ash

My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 15:19:15
Print Post

I do not think that you want the Static IP check box. What you actually have is a dynamic IP address that is allocated to you and therefore will always be served to you rather than a static IP address.

David

plusnet Broadband Extra customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 06-Jun-13 15:21:18
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brightd:
I do not think that you want the Static IP check box. What you actually have is a dynamic IP address that is allocated to you and therefore will always be served to you rather than a static IP address.

oh ok i paid for a static IP address when i joined and its stayed the same ever since so i presumed id need that option ticked and to fill my IP in the box

Ash

My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 06-Jun-13 16:00:47
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Bingo, I've used this exact router myself and the rest of the settings look fine.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to