General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User snowy44
(newbie) Fri 07-Jun-13 11:30:35
Print Post

HG612 Firmware

[link to this post]

Hello,

I am currently using the unlocked SP10 firmware on my HG612 modem. I have read on these forums that people have said that there is new firmware out for this modem?

I would be grateful if someone could please advise where I can find a link for this.

Thanks,
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 07-Jun-13 12:01:30
Print Post

Re: HG612 Firmware

[re: snowy44] [link to this post]

Same place http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/

[4] https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6wW18mYskvBNWZLWV...

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Fri 07-Jun-13 12:02:07)

Standard User snowy44
(newbie) Fri 07-Jun-13 12:20:56
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Same place http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/

[4] https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6wW18mYskvBNWZLWV...

Hi,
Thanks for the response,

I have tried to update the firmware and on the device information page I am getting the same information as before updating. Does this meant that it did not complete properly or do I need to look elsewhere for the current firmware that is installed?

Product type EchoLife HG612
Hardware version VER.B
Software version V100R001C01B028SP10
Firmware version A2pv6C030b.d22g
System up time 0 days 0 hours 4 minutes 37 seconds

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 07-Jun-13 12:29:36
Print Post

Did you try the upgrade using the webpage GUI upgrade option, or using the same reset procedure as for a locked modem?

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User snowy44
(newbie) Fri 07-Jun-13 12:31:52
Print Post

Hi,

Yes I tried this through the GUI. Is it best to perform the upgrade as if the modem was locked?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 07-Jun-13 12:35:13
Print Post

Apparently, that's what you have to do.

burakkucat says:
March 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I have now attempted the GUI based ‘Firmware Upgrade’ option, twice. In both cases it appeared to occur correctly but upon device reboot the firmware was still shown as the A2pv6C030b.d22g version. frown

My next experiment was to use the ‘Firmware Upgrade’ process as if the device was being unlocked. This was successful. I now see the firmware showing as the A2pv6C035m.d22g version. smile

Standard User snowy44
(newbie) Fri 07-Jun-13 13:13:15
Print Post

Hi,
Thanks for this its now upgraded. The reason I wanted to try the upgrade is that since I bought the Belkin High-Speed Internet Modem Cable RJ11 To RJ11 15ft the attainable downstream speeds have dropped by around 5mb, although the cable does not seem to impact on the throughput speeds that I am receiving. I am just wondering if anyone on here is also using that cable and if they noticed a drop in attainable speeds?

Thanks
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 07-Jun-13 13:17:26
Print Post

I used one on ADSL but it seemed to make the connection worse.

Standard User ryant704
(member) Fri 07-Jun-13 13:29:15
Print Post

I didn't try and update via the webpage, I re-flashed the whole modem and done it like you did originally.
Standard User Ixel
(member) Fri 07-Jun-13 13:29:18
Print Post

Ironically I was playing around with a variety of RJ11 cables yesterday and a fairly short shielded RJ45 CAT6 (around 0.5m) which plugs into the VDSL faceplate port and I then plug the other end into an RJ45 to RJ11 converter (about 0.1m of extra wire to the RJ11 port on the HG612). The other RJ11 cables were the shortest one that ADSLNation sells, the supplied ECI one, the supplied HG612 one, and a fairly long (10m or so) shielded 'high speed' cable that I got from eBay a while back. Out of all the cables I couldn't believe the results but the supplied HG612 performed the best attainable rates.

The testing was done at the same time of day, about 4-5 minutes per cable test. DLM doesn't effect me so I was able to do this without any intervention of interleaving or additional speed banding.

P.S. If people would like me to do some other tests that they couldn't otherwise easily do on their own FTTC connection due to the worry of DLM then let me know. I took out the surge arrester in my faceplate and it gave me a slight boost in attainable rate too.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to