General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Jun-13 19:42:26
Print Post

Accepting Orders but Not accepting orders?

[link to this post]

My exchange came up today on the twitter feed saying it has started to become available (Cross Hills) however when trying to place an order it states it is not available.

I know it can depend on the cabinet you are connected to but I have checked 4 different cabinets and all say unavailable?

Also on the wholesale checker it now does not even have a date for FTTC.

When I spoke to BT the other month as it had passed the original date they said all work had been completed on the cabinet I was connected to but there could be other work needed before it would be available for accepting orders.

So I am a bit confused as to when I could order this. As I am still struggling by on 2meg speeds here!
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Jun-13 19:54:32
Print Post

Re: Accepting Orders but Not accepting orders?

[re: colic] [link to this post]

Who did you try to order with?

The twitter feed is an announcement from Openreach for the exchange, but you still need BT Wholesale, Sky and TalkTalk to connect their links, making it available.

Those links are what is needed to make it available at a retail level.

I've never seen BT Wholesale be late in putting one in place, but Sky and TalkTalk certainly can be slow.

The checker relates to BT Wholesale only - so if you see nothing on there, then neither does any of the retail ISPs that depend on BT Wholesale. It could be the links, or it could still be your cabinet.

Or it could be that twitter was slightly ahead of itself.
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Jun-13 20:06:22
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

I tried BT as I am with them at the moment and it says it is not available. So then I tried phone numbers of relatives / friends on different cabinets and it said the same for them all.

I was surprised to see the exchange accepting orders as there does seem to be allot of BT roadworks planned for the middle of this month (all on the other side of the exchange to me) so I was expecting the end of June at the earliest. It was March originally then got changed to June 2013 about 3 weeks back on the checker.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 10-Jun-13 21:02:36
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

the exchange status has no affect on been able to order.

it just needs a yes from the cabinet check.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User dogcat
(newbie) Tue 11-Jun-13 10:07:47
Print Post

I have checked numerous phone numbers at various cab's on Cross Hills exchange; some at Cross Hills (one near the post office, one far end near railway), Glusburn (Near the exchange, institute and edge of town), Cowling, Sutton, Cononley and none of them have been enabled. It really does seem like none of the cab's are actually enabled.

Tbh. bit shocked as would of thought that it would be all delayed till the work they have scheduled for 2 weeks at the junction of Station Road, Keighley Road and Main street in Cross Hills is completed. Can't honestly see how they are going to do that work without closing the road as originally planned given how busy that junction is, but guess the costs for setting up the Mile+ diversion forced them to try.
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Tue 11-Jun-13 11:36:42
Print Post

[re: dogcat] [link to this post]

Using the number for Bradley village stores, it does seem at least cab 5 is accepting orders
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Jun-13 12:11:04
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
Using the number for Bradley village stores, it does seem at least cab 5 is accepting orders

Thats shows me to be an idiot I had it in my head that Bradley was served by a different exchange!! It is the furthest place away from the exchange I would have thought.

They had been doing some work around station road on an evening / night as it is such a busy road during the day. So might be done overnight maybe
Standard User dogcat
(newbie) Tue 11-Jun-13 12:15:57
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:

Well spotted. Forgot to check Kildwick as well, but they are also not enabled. So seems like just that one cabinet in Bradley is enabled, would imagine the rest will be at some point within the month / next month, assuming the remaining work goes according to plan.
Standard User arfster
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Jun-13 19:10:24
Print Post

Mine is "available" since last month, but none of the cabinets are connected to the exchange smile Strange definition of available.

They're actually starting the fibre rollout to the cabinets this week, supposedly (although I've seen no roadworks).
  Print Thread

Jump to