General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User schander
(learned) Wed 19-Jun-13 09:06:27
Print Post

FTTC not available due to..

[link to this post]

Hi All,
On checking to see if FTTC had become available again after appearing for short while, I saw this:

FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Due to congestion in their network, Openreach is seeking an alternative engineering solution.

The cabinet referred to is 49T, which means TPON, however they have recently fitted and powered a cabinet down the road which is a FTTC one. According to an penReach engineer I am no longer connected to the cabinet but directly to the exchange.

I have no idea what this means, given that FTTC etc is supplied by fibre to the cab, or does it mean that there backbone is overloaded?

Thanks
Satpal
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Jun-13 09:33:48
Print Post

Re: FTTC not available due to..

[re: schander] [link to this post]

Unlikely to mean backbone, but more likely to mean no space in the ducting so too expensive to add more ducting and run fibre to your cabinet

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User schander
(learned) Wed 19-Jun-13 11:37:35
Print Post

Re: FTTC not available due to..

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Unlikely to mean backbone, but more likely to mean no space in the ducting so too expensive to add more ducting and run fibre to your cabinet

Interestingly they have just over the last couple of months put a brand new cabinet in and also supplied power to it (found out via local council works order).

Thanks
Satpal

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to