General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Boomish
(newbie) Thu 20-Jun-13 01:10:39
Print Post

Brentford

[link to this post]

Can anyone tell us an update on our cabinet P18 in Brentford, now a year on it still looks like are not part of any phased rollout. Postcode TW80PL
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Jun-13 23:09:48
Print Post

Re: Brentford

[re: Boomish] [link to this post]

Email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk - they will have the best knowledge.
Standard User Boomish
(newbie) Thu 06-Feb-14 09:55:07
Print Post

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

I emailed BT , open reach and nga but didnít get 1 reply! well now 2 years after they started rolling out in Brentford Im still checking for FTTC, the exciting news is if I search the main BT site it says its coming between now and April!! but weirdly I still see no sign on all the other FTTC check sites, although most of them say they are using data from some 2011 database. is there a new more reliable FTTC checker? is BT pulling my leg or have I at last got real hope for finally getting fibre down our street?

Appreciate any feedback

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ripley
(committed) Thu 06-Feb-14 20:06:18
Print Post

Keep a eye on the roadworks.org website, nice FTTC is forthcoming you will see the roadworks booked in for the cabinet installation. Once the sister cabinet is in place it can be a few months however due to waiting for power connection etc. my cabinet being installed in the ground it took about eight months before it went live.

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Feb-14 20:06:43
Print Post

The best checker to use is this one, presuming your are not LLU, otherwise use this one.
Do bare in mind that the checkers don't always show an estimate until very near to going live, on the other hand it will sometimes give estimates months before the cabinet goes live.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 06-Feb-14 22:55:53)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Feb-14 22:16:11
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Does the second work for LLU phone lines then? Apart from the colour, I've always wondered what the difference between the two is.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 06-Feb-14 22:19:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, same response from both "There is no data available for this number."

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Feb-14 22:51:46
Print Post

I'm sure I pasted the link to the address checker, I guess l had better edit it before my 12 hours are up. .

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Feb-14 23:04:53
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Ah! I've done that before, from the first one you gave. It doesn't work! The URL remains as the main one. Tabs, not pages, or similar.

The address checker is of course available from either.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 06-Feb-14 23:09:46
Print Post

This is the link you need http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addres...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to