General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ianm78
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-13 11:44:47
Print Post

How much exchange work for FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi All,

My Hawkinge is being enabled for FTTC most of the Fibre Cabs have been installed along with power.

What work is required at the actual exchange I know that fibre needs to be run from the Exchange to the FTTC Cabs which I believe has been done. The Exchange is 21CN Enabled for ADSL 2+ - but just curious how much is needed to be done at an exchange is most cases?

TIA smile
Standard User iwish
(committed) Mon 24-Jun-13 14:07:26
Print Post

Re: How much exchange work for FTTC

[re: ianm78] [link to this post]

Just sit tight and you will probably live very soon. the exchange will be done already and what they tend to do is make the exchange live after a good few cabs are rdy. it just depends as its now always done the same way. some go live after 5 cabs are ready or like mine it went live when all cabs where done.
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Mon 24-Jun-13 14:59:17
Print Post

Ian

It depends, each exchange is connected to a Handover exchange, if this is already live nothing apart from connection has to be done ( & Sky and Talktalk are likely to be already live as well.

If it is it's own handover the Openreach equipment has to be connected up to the core and tested then put into service. CPs then have to order either logical backhaul or physical GEA access to their own equipment. This can take some weeks and is dependant on each CP, ( this is why some can provide service before others).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Mon 24-Jun-13 15:48:43
Print Post

Bit more discussion on this thread.
I think 3 cabinets currently have power:
Blenheim Drive
Benson Lane
Paxton Avenue

Most of the remainder scheduled for power connection starting 27th June with one on Millfield and one in Densole lagging behind a bit.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Jun-13 22:46:52
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kitcat:
It depends, each exchange is connected to a Handover exchange, if this is already live nothing apart from connection has to be done ( & Sky and Talktalk are likely to be already live as well.
Have Sky and TT stopped being frequently late to the party then?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to