If you consider that :
- Openreach seem to have BIG issues delivering FTTP to areas they have agreed to include in the commercial deployment - high takeup areas.
- They seem to have issues with deployment in anything other than a straightforward deployment. MDU/flat or private road etc etc just forget it.
- Even when they have Exchange to premises ducting they seem to have managed to screw it up - no dig required.
- Do OR actually have the resources available to do the work with the commercial deployment and BDUK.
- What will the lead time be? Will it be 6 months? Will customers accept 6 month lead times?
I seriously now doubt that BT will go forward with the deployment and I think it more likely they will push forward with vectoring and bonding instead. FTTP will be deployed to any new build areas and I guess they will provide a route for landlords of large blocks of flat to deploy the technology - head off some of the competition in that area.
BT Internet 21CN ADSL 1.4Mbps/400Kbps
BT Infinity FTTP 166Mbps/20Mbps soon