General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User charles1
(learned) Tue 25-Jun-13 22:38:56
Print Post

Cross marking on PCP?

[link to this post]

My PCP was marked with a cross in white paint yesterday - LSEPSM-PCP26

It's in a conservation area and earlier this year the council refused permission for an FTTC cabinet to be installed next to the PCP, due to the adverse visual impact.

The pavements are so narrow in this area, it will be diffiicult to site an FTTC cabinet within a suitable distance for the tie cable. So I was wondering if the cross marking, if placed by BT Openreach, might indicate that the PCP was going to be moved?

I guess it could also be graffiti of some sort, but it appears to be painted on with a brush rather than sprayed which might perhaps be more usual in such a case.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Andrews & Arnold BTW ADSL2+
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jun-13 07:16:14
Print Post

Re: Cross marking on PCP?

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

Stay well away, that's a plague cabinet !!!!!!! smile

What it actually looks like, is that someone has applied a rectangular poster/flyer, which has fallen off, and what you are looking at is the glue that was used to fix it ...... just a guess though.

Standard User iwish
(committed) Wed 26-Jun-13 13:11:31
Print Post

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

If your cab is in a conservation area and the pavements really are that narrow then dont hold yur breath for any new cab in the near future. and as for relocation of the pcb, again dont hold your breath for that happening in the near future.
We have someting like what your going through in our village. The PCB is in a conservation area right outside the house of a friend of mine who owns the house. FTC was refused and told dont hold your breath for it. the woman then got in contact with BT and the local council to offer them to put the cabinet in her garden so it would not be seen and give them access to it. the part of the garden is the other side of the wall where the pcb is and is not used by her at all. They would also have unrestricted access to the cab without disturbing her garden or her privacy. She is waiting to see what they say

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 26-Jun-13 15:25:28
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

BT plant in a private garden is fine, but BT require full rights of access at any time - I had a BT pole in my garden for many years.

What she could suggest is that BT demolish the wall in front and reuse the bricks to make an alcove in the wall and situate the cabinet there so they have full access from the road side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to