General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User andy585
(newbie) Thu 11-Jul-13 09:02:33
Print Post

FTTC IRVINE

[link to this post]

hi guys i currently have fibre at home but am moving to irvine in the next few weeks.
I am moving to postcode KA128TH i have done the checkers and see i am connected to pcp 26 but no mention of fttc. Irvine is due to to be done for sept 2013 i went to my cabinet and there is no sign of a fibre cab
i have just emailed OR for some info
but thought i would try on here aswell anyone have any details on this cabinet ??

is it true that if your at the very end of town you dont get fibre ???
i have a hospital near me would that be connected to the same cabinet ??
Standard User iwish
(committed) Thu 11-Jul-13 17:24:17
Print Post

Re: FTTC IRVINE

[re: andy585] [link to this post]

Killie was done late and Irvine was set for after that. give it time and it will come.
and as for the end of town thing, if there is lots of residents on that cab then a cant see why it would not get done. i stay in a village outside of Kilmarnock and right at the end of that village and i get fttc
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Fri 12-Jul-13 16:36:36
Print Post

I suspect that cabinet is not scheduled to be upgraded

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User weesteev
(newbie) Fri 12-Jul-13 17:01:46
Print Post

A hospital would have a dedicated link and would not be hooked through a "residential" cabinet. The amount of capacity needed by a hospital would outstrip what a VDSL cabinet could support on top of small business and residential use.

Your location in town has nothing to do with availability of FTTC, if your standard PCP is deemed worthy of upgrade by the bean counters at BT then it will be done. Its all down to penetration rate and possible return of investment for OR.
Standard User delone
(experienced) Fri 12-Jul-13 23:07:19
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

This news may put it on the schedule.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5916-scotland-sig...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23239894

Del
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sat 13-Jul-13 09:50:55
Print Post

[re: weesteev] [link to this post]

Hospitals commonly have copper lines for low speed leased lines and basic telephony , which may be via a cabinet or E/O, maybe both particularly the larger hospitals spread over many buildings.
I suspect a larger number of lines on that cab will service the hospital and won't help to make it a viable cabinet.
  Print Thread

Jump to