General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User phil_w73
(newbie) Fri 19-Jul-13 11:02:52
Print Post

How long for the wholesale checkers to update online?

[link to this post]

Superfast North Yorkshire have been tweeting over the last few days that a couple of exchanges near me have gone live (and they had a September go live date) - but online checking still says that they are coming soon with the September date.
Standard User essdee
(member) Sun 21-Jul-13 20:58:07
Print Post

Re: How long for the wholesale checkers to update online?

[re: phil_w73] [link to this post]

Wholesale checker or Openreach checker?

The Openreach "Where and When" checker that shows exchanges (the one that the superfast north yorkshire website directs you to) can be quite slow to update (although the PDFs at the bottom are updated more frequently). The OR postcode checker only showed my exchange as accepting orders a couple of months after I had FTTC installed on my line.

The BT Wholesale ADSL availability checker updates quicker, in my experience - a telephone number check on that showed FTTC as available on my line about 10 days after the superfast NY "fibre is here" sticker was put onto the fibre cabinet.

-Steve.

--
AAISP BT FTTC 80/20 Premium
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 21-Jul-13 21:36:21
Print Post

[re: essdee] [link to this post]

BT Wholesale checker.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Jul-13 01:12:27
Print Post

[re: phil_w73] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by phil_w73:
Superfast North Yorkshire have been tweeting over the last few days that a couple of exchanges near me have gone live (and they had a September go live date) - but online checking still says that they are coming soon with the September date.

I live in N Yorks as well but It's all a bit of a farce though really as it only means one cabinet connected to the exchange is "accepting orders"

The exchange I am connected to went live in April (I think it may have been May though depends where I look) but as we go into August next week if this is classed as connectivity? I would guess this is less than 15% connected to the exchange can actually get fibre.
Standard User dogcat
(newbie) Mon 22-Jul-13 17:51:57
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by colic:
In reply to a post by phil_w73:

I live in N Yorks as well but It's all a bit of a farce though really as it only means one cabinet connected to the exchange is "accepting orders"

The exchange I am connected to went live in April (I think it may have been May though depends where I look) but as we go into August next week if this is classed as connectivity? I would guess this is less than 15% connected to the exchange can actually get fibre.

Note this one is a bit of an odd one, as hes talking about Cross Hills exchange, and only 2 of the cabinets are enabled rest are possibly waiting until they can dig up a main A road. They tried fixing it once, by trying to avoid closing the road and doing it in the evenings but it failed and now they have scheduled a full road closure, but its not till October. Till thats done it seems like none of the other cab's can go live.

Really is an exception to the norm. Normally seems like the cab's go live roughly around the same time, just if they hit a major snag like this one it can really set things back massively. Actually kind of amazed BT just haven't just pulled the plug as its going to be very costly, I assume BDUK funds must now be stumping up some of the costs.
  Print Thread

Jump to