General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Aug-13 17:16:08
Print Post

Fibre.......Im happy

[link to this post]

Sorted this afternoon and after a few initial i think this is going to go pair shaped as the guy was here 3 hours virtually and seemed a little bit clueless

http://speedtest.uno.net.uk/result/342374/

Spent 9o minutes with a bleeping machine trying to work out which was the master socket, give him credit though he put the Fibre socket set up in my office were i wanted it.

After a few login problems with login details and passwords and myself putting lower case letters and uppercase letters in the wrong place it all seems to be running nice and smooth.

Yet to test other connections through my homeplugs which i will address later tonight,if my consoles.ipad,iPod,Galaxy s4 still connect then all smiles.

Many thanks to Matt at Xilo for all his help and support in this Fibre installation,because i have certainly been a little concerned and confused at the process.

Contractor sent by BT disabled a few phone sockets in confusion i think,but he did ask if i used them,think the problem from his side that BT did not install the sockets around this house which is 4 years old but the builders/Electricians.

He did say to me when he first started looking at them that he had no clue how these were wired and what was running where.

Edited by time2die (Thu 01-Aug-13 17:24:40)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 01-Aug-13 18:00:19
Print Post

Re: Fibre.......Im happy

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Internal phone wiring by builders is often cheap burglar alarm cable put in by a house-wiring electrician with zero knowledge of telecoms. Well known as a common disaster area for ADSLx setups.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Aug-13 18:04:50
Print Post

Re: Fibre.......Im happy

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You are probably right but that is out of my hands,anyway it works and I suppose that's what counts .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to