General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rs82uk
(newbie) Fri 09-Aug-13 13:14:52
Print Post

FTTC checker

[link to this post]

Hi am I using the right FTTC checker im using the BT wholesale one, but I don't think it is very reliable, as I have used friend's addresses that actually currently have FTTC but it shows as unavailable.
They installed a fibre cab next to the standard one about 2 months ago, then about 2 weeks ago they hooked up the power to it so looks like it is progressing for me.
Standard User hopkapi
(newbie) Fri 09-Aug-13 16:09:42
Print Post

Re: FTTC checker

[re: rs82uk] [link to this post]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're just trying it with a postcode alone. Only the phone number/full address checker will generally tell you about FTTx.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Aug-13 16:54:41
Print Post

It will be that in that postcode there are multiple cabs serving the area. Some of them will be fibre ready, others not... So when you run a postcode check it will guess which cabinet that house is using, if it gets this wrong (and chooses a cabinet without fibre) it will show as unavailable.

Using phone number means it is 100% locating the correct cabinet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rs82uk
(newbie) Fri 09-Aug-13 17:25:05
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

He's not with BT so cant use phone number have used full address with both friends and shows no FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Aug-13 17:48:50
Print Post

Does it show the cabinet number just above the estimates table? It should do that even if there is no FTTC. Then you can compare that with the cabinet for the one with FTTC.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Fri 09-Aug-13 17:50:05
Print Post

Their cabinet maybe out of capacity.
  Print Thread

Jump to