General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User James8282
(learned) Tue 13-Aug-13 19:59:22
Print Post

FTTC info disappeared of BT checker

[link to this post]

I recently bought a new house and its takeen a few months to be built, before I bought the property I checked the BT ADSL checker and it was connected to a cabinet with a fiber twin the estimate was 60meg download. I've checked a few times over recent months, but for some reason this week there is no longer an estimate for FTTC for my address or anybody else in my post code or surrounding post codes. Does anyone know how this info has disappeared? I did wonder if the cabinet was full as there are a lot of new houses being built in the area.

Many thanks smile

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Aug-13 20:42:49
Print Post

Re: FTTC info disappeared of BT checker

[re: James8282] [link to this post]

Is it still showing as the same cabinet in use? It's possible that the lines got routed via a different cabinet once the houses were built. Possibly the original fibre cabinet didn't have enough capacity, had blocked ducting to it etc etc. So it's possible they routed the lines via an alternative cabinet or even worse put you on exchange only lines.

If it's the same cabinet I would say that it's probably at capacity.
Standard User James8282
(learned) Tue 13-Aug-13 22:08:47
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

It's still showing the same cabinet. It's number 15 on the Llantrisant exchange. It's almost as if nobody connected to that cabinet can order FTTC anymore. If the cabinet is at capacity to they place another one?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Aug-13 07:27:27
Print Post

Knowing BT no..

email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and they might tell you.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 105977D 38659U
Sync 79999D 20000U
Attenuation: 5.4 SNR: Down 13.1 Up 24.3
Line Length 160meters
Standard User James8282
(learned) Wed 14-Aug-13 09:47:03
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

The option is back today and I've placed an order that's been accepted....very glad thought I was gonna get stuck on 1.5meg ADSL line smile

Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Aug-13 10:23:15
Print Post

Every chance that the cabinet has fallen out of BTs Commercial rollout, but now to be handled by your local BDUK plans. I would check your councils BDUK web site to see if they have a checker.

There was quite a lot of changes to BT availability data from August 1st, especially where BDUK contracts have been signed.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
  Print Thread

Jump to