General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User garethr
(regular) Tue 13-Aug-13 22:10:09
Print Post

Large number of install cancelled

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have involvement in a group campaigning for broadband in our town.

We've just (after a lot of issues with OR claiming lack of demand) had 3 cabs installed in a new development of around 1500 houses which gets poor ADSL.

One cab in particular has gone live at the end of July. *MANY* people have placed orders with their providers against this cab. All appeared to be ok then certain providers started to cancel the orders and the cab has been removed from the checker. Many installs have occurred so that cab is live.

Does anyone have knowledge of the process? The dates given by two providers in particular were pretty close to the activation date of the cab - do they get priority? However, other providers dates were some 15 days after activation. There doesn't appear to be a pattern except that the two provider giving quick install dates appears to have made cancellations.

The problem is that people who ordered the morning the cab went live have had their order cancelled and now can't reorder as the checks swears blind the cab ins't live.

I think the issue is that the cab has reach capacity (for its current configuration). I suspect OR will be along with a new card and some copper RSN but just wanted some confirmation of my suspicions.

Anyone got ideas on this one.

Also anyone aware of BT giving 25 day lead times on moving from LLU back to 21CN ADSL?

Regards,

Gareth
BT Internet 21CN ADSL 1.4Mbps/400Kbps
BT Infinity FTTP 166Mbps/20Mbps soon
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Tue 13-Aug-13 22:34:38
Print Post

Re: Large number of install cancelled

[re: garethr] [link to this post]

Its a first come first serve basis for all Isp's that offer FTTC, their can be delays for TT and Sky if they do not have the GEA link installed at the handover exchange.

Most likely the cabinet has reached its current capacity and is awaiting further cards to increase this or even a second cabinet if the first is fall.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User garethr
(regular) Tue 13-Aug-13 22:40:03
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

OK but does the OR DBA need a slap?

Does it normally cancel orders? I'm guessing their is a lag between accepting orders and deciding they can't accept any further lines on a cab. Thus, some get accepted but they actually can't provide the service - so cancel.

Regards,

Gareth
BT Internet 21CN ADSL 1.4Mbps/400Kbps
BT Infinity FTTP 166Mbps/20Mbps soon

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 14-Aug-13 23:07:38
Print Post

[re: garethr] [link to this post]

I wonder if orders were actually placed with Openreach or just accepted by some ISPs who subsequently tried to order and failed for capacity reasons.

There are still areas with MBORC status that may explain the LLU to 21CN delays http://recombu.com/digital/news/bts-summer-rain-cris... https://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_a... etc

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
  Print Thread

Jump to