General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jimbob5050
(newbie) Wed 21-Aug-13 16:37:49
Print Post

Cabinet Activation?

[link to this post]

Hi, just a quick question. My exchange has been live for a about two months now and last week I noticed that a FTTC cabinet was installed adjacent to the cabinet I am currently connected to. Is there a rough estimate as to when you are able to place an order for fibre or even for it to show in the wholesale BT checker? I think there is power already installed as I walked past when there was just a hole in the ground with just the mounting base for the cabinet installed and there looked like a green/yellow electrical wire was already fitted.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Aug-13 16:49:32
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Activation?

[re: jimbob5050] [link to this post]

It could be weeks, more likely months, or possibly over a year from when it's first stood.

Just keep checking the checker, even when it shows on there it's no real indication that it will soon be live, until it shows as available.

Standard User John_Gray
(regular) Wed 21-Aug-13 16:50:04
Print Post

Have they stuck a hulking great poster on the side of the cabinet, advertising Openreach Fibre Broadband?

If not, there's a pretty high chance it isn't live yet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jimbob5050
(newbie) Wed 21-Aug-13 16:50:58
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

lol that sucks i guess, oh well waited this long already.
Standard User jimbob5050
(newbie) Wed 21-Aug-13 16:52:21
Print Post

[re: John_Gray] [link to this post]

they haven't put posters on any of the cabinets in my area but I know people have already got fibre installed etc.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Aug-13 19:56:24
Print Post

[re: John_Gray] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by John_Gray:
Have they stuck a hulking great poster on the side of the cabinet, advertising Openreach Fibre Broadband?

The poster on mine went up on the pavement side (ie, so only pedestrians can see it!) about 4 months after my service was fitted. You can't see the poster from the road, and so its essentially useless smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/10 - Sync 54 / 11 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Aug-13 20:03:22
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

And I'm sure somebody on here said they've seen them on a cabinet which wasn't live yet.

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 21-Aug-13 21:38:30
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Shouldn't , but are. Local cabinet been stood for nearly 2 years, not active. Sticker been on it for at least a year.
Alas, The presence or lack of a super fast sticker is no proof it's active or not

Edited by Ribble (Wed 21-Aug-13 21:45:18)

Standard User jimbob5050
(newbie) Sun 02-Mar-14 21:34:53
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Activation Cambuslang

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Hello, my cabinet has been showing as availability date of 31-mar-14 since about the end of September last year, what are the chances it will be done by this date. I know the ducting was put in at the start of January and there where a series of roadworks listed online for the cabinet throughout last month. I remember when I emailed openreach at the time of this original post they gave me a date of October which obviously never materialised.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Mar-14 22:35:57
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Activation Cambuslang

My cabinet went live last month and no sticker poster on it.

plusnetfttc72/17meg virginmediacable152/12meg
  Print Thread

Jump to