General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User snowy44
(newbie) Fri 23-Aug-13 17:16:54
Print Post

Fibre ISP's

[link to this post]

Hi,
I currently have BT and have been having issues with slow speeds during the evenings. I just wanted to know if anyone on here is using either TalkTalk or Sky for Fibre broadband if so what are there experiences of it?

Many thanks,
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Fri 23-Aug-13 18:19:08
Print Post

Re: Fibre ISP's

[re: snowy44] [link to this post]

Recently moved to Sky fibre on their lowest offering. Got a 40mb sych with wireless speed tests of 37mb consistently on the Sandy exchange. Free installation here, as well as the 6 months half price offer.

http://www.holidayalmeria.co.uk - Holiday apartment website
http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Standard User speedyrite
(regular) Sat 24-Aug-13 15:09:21
Print Post

Been on Sky Fibre 40/10 since April 2012 (well it was 40/2 back then, but it became 40/10 not log after!)

Steady d/l just under 38Mbps and u/l about 9Mbps, ping averages about 9ms (all according to Samknows Whitebox reports). About 300m from cabinet. Very happy with it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-Aug-13 15:00:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by snowy44:
I currently have BT and have been having issues with slow speeds during the evenings. I just wanted to know if anyone on here is using either TalkTalk or Sky for Fibre broadband if so what are there experiences of it?

If you're testing the speed with a wireless connection it could be the wireless slowing down as your neighbours start using their wireless connections.

I'm BT Infinity and get about 46megabit download, all the time on wired connection. On standard (2.4 GHz) wireless I get 40 or so during the day, and Saturday evenings can get 10meg - but plug an ethernet cable into the router and my laptop and back up to 46.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User snowy44
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-13 20:26:30
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Hi.

Thanks for the response,

I'm probably going to move to Sky. I have this router: Asus RT-AC66U AC1750 although Sky state in their terms and conditions that the EU must use their router I was just wondering if anyone on here has managed to get their own router to work with Sky Fibre Pro?
Standard User simon194
(committed) Tue 27-Aug-13 21:21:19
Print Post

As long as it supports "MER with DHCP Option 61" it will work with Sky fibre. I think for the Asus RT-AC66U you need to flash it with the "Asuswrt-Merlin" firmware to get it to work.

I used to use a Billion 8200N which has beta firmware that works with Sky Fibre but has sync problems with ECI MSAN's. I'm now using a home-built router running pfSense.
  Print Thread

Jump to