General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adgrimes
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-13 10:44:11
Print Post

Cabinet location - Heathfield

[link to this post]

Hi,

New to the forum, so apologies if this is in the wrong place smile
FTTC is due to begin being rolled out this year around my area (Heathfield, East Sussex), and I was wondering if there was a friendly BT engineer around to knows whereabouts Cabinet 17 is that connects to the Heathfield exchange (NDHEA)? I'd like to get an idea how far away from the cabinet I am, and therefore get a feel for my speed when it becomes available...

One other question thats more open, what are the long term plans for FTTP/FTTH? Is the eventual plan to have this available at every exchange? I'd be the first to sign up if this was an option, but we live out in the sticks - so I know it'll probably be a way off...

/ag
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Thu 29-Aug-13 18:16:01
Print Post

Re: Cabinet location - Heathfield

[re: adgrimes] [link to this post]

Opposite the fire station
Standard User Adam3k
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Aug-13 19:24:01
Print Post

[re: adgrimes] [link to this post]

Evening,

I was not aware FTTC was coming to Heathfield? Its not on any of the recent Openreach documents marked as planned, coming soon, or even under evaluation..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StructuredCommunications Bonded FTTC 74.5Mbps Download & 22.4Mbps Upload.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(committed) Thu 29-Aug-13 22:05:36
Print Post

[re: Adam3k] [link to this post]

Someone must have some inside info because although the East Sussex BDUK project and BT have agreed a rollout plan and signed the contract, they have deemed the details to be 'commercially sensitive' for whatever reason.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Aug-13 16:51:29
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

You'll probably find that they haven't agreed the rollout plan they've agreed a target level of coverage. It's up to BT from there where they actually deploy cabinets to reach that target.

The more local authorities try to control where BT deploy the lower the coverage level gets as, obviously, no-one knows more about the BT network than BT themselves.

As far as I know this is the most common scenario within BDUK agreements, there's no master list for each agreement of which cabinets will be built and when, it's about covering as much as possible as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Standard User adgrimes
(newbie) Wed 16-Oct-13 16:36:28
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Sorry, I haven't checked back here for a while.

I just emailed Rupert Simmons, our local Councillor. He gave me *some* information, but not much.
Here's the latest from go-esussex...

http://www.goesussex.co.uk/news/e-sussex-project-ann...

Heathfield exchange is due to be upgraded by the end of this year. Apparently it takes 6 to 9 months before its available to actually order.
Cant come soon enough imo smile

Thanks for the responses!
  Print Thread

Jump to